First proper drive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
I`ve finally picked the car up and driven 60 miles home. Took another 15 to a mates house and then back home.

First thing, fuelled up....could only fill to halfway before it started clicking...odd.

Anyway, the drive. Set seat up, sorted climate, found radio station and off to go.

I found the throttle painfully unresponsive...and I mean it was taking 2 seconds or so to respond. That was in C, S and in M. Pulling out to overtake on the motorway was a no no cos by the time it responded a car would be in my boot :eek:. Ok, not a problem, I assume it`s like the M3 I had....it has to "learn" a new style of driving (previous owner was a doctor).

When I kicked down, it threw up an ESP and tyre pressure monitor warning! When it did that on the 2nd test drive, the garage owner checked the tyres and the rears were over 40psi so he let air out and reset it and said it would be ok.....so, not sure what`s going on there.

Anyway, after an hour at my mates house I left.....and......the car felt completely different. Left it in C and it pulled much better than the drive home so, so far it seems fine. I`ll have to "teach" it what I want and when I want it now haha.

Hmm, not an auspicious start to your ownership of the car.

Enjoy 'teaching' the car how you want it to behave :)

Hmm, not an auspicious start to your ownership of the car.

Enjoy 'teaching' the car how you want it to behave :)

Just been for fuel.....drove lovely :thumb:

I thought these cars had a digital average mpg??? Or is that on later models (mine`s 2007).

So far, I`m liking it. So much more responsive now, doesn`t hang around! Found the mpg reading.......19.9..... now up to 20.4.....not bad considering I`ve been "playing" with it. Reset reading from start, drove 12.5 miles home from work this morning...mainly dual carriageway and averaged just over 28 :eek: What the hell??? It`s 3.5 litres...it has no right returning that much :D

No more ESP or tyre pressure monitoring faults coming up either when I kick down now so all good.

Just found out that in "auto", I can still use the paddles even without using Manual. If I go past 6th then it drops back to auto. Handly for a quick change of pace I suppose :thumb:

Needs cleaning again :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom