First world problem - seat conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GDG

Car
C63S Cabriolet
I have a 2015 W205 C63S estate currently with the AMG sports seats. Brilliant car and great seats albeit the fake cutaways for a harness are a bit silly despite me liking the look of them.

However for various reasons I am due to swap this out for a convertible (same car - C63S) shortly and have to decide whether to go with the same sports seats (which are fitted as standard) or to opt for the 'standard' AMG seat which then enables the AirScarf system to be included. Dealer thinks it will sell less easily in the future but I'm less concerned about that for now - if AirScarf is good, and if the standard AMG (non sports) seats are supportive/comfortable - then I think it may be the way I'll go.

Anyone got these non sports seats that can comment? Or indeed experience of AirScarf. Previous ragtops I've had have all been porkers which dont offer this so unsure whether I would appreciate or not.

Can only comment about Airscarf, based on experience of an R171 & an R172 SLK: it's brilliant and I wouldn't be without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Airscarf on my SL. Depends how much and in what weather you are going to drive with the roof down. If it's cold it does make a difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of air scarf too, does make a big difference in autumn and spring.

I drove a Boxster roof down back to back with my old R172 SLK55 a couple of years ago at around 10 deg C and the difference was light and day.

RR

Any C63 (W205) owners with the standard AMG seats out there? Many reviews suggest they are more comfortable than the optioned AMG Sports seats but with the just the same amount of 'keep your backside pinned in the seat' capabilities. Would appreciate any views on them too?

It seems that AirScarf is a fine thing - I love having a roof off in almost any temperature. A crisp winter day is as appealing to me as mid summer blue skies.

I picked up my new C63 estate with the "standard" seats this week, previously to this I had a CLA45 that had the "sports" recaro seats in.

Can't say I've noticed a huge difference between the two, although I've had comments from someone else who thought they were much comfier. As long as it's not uncomfortable I'm happy, and I never had any issues with the recaros.

I've had both seats and prefer the standards. But I'm old and like the softer seat for my aching bones. Air scarf is fantastic.....cos my old neck bones love it

Having driven both the C63s with sport seat (loan car) and my car C63 with standard seat, I found both equally comfortable.

For me, I love the look of the sport seat but it wasn't standard on my C63 and I wouldn't want to pay £1400 for it. Being in the standard seat of my C63 for a month now, I think it looks great as well and extremely comfortable. Just know that you are taking away a £1400 option that is standard on your C63s (and people like me would have to pay for)

At the same time, Airscaft would be hard to miss on your convertible. It would allow you to open the top more.

If you are thinking about future resale, I wouldn't worry too much about either options. Both have its pros and cons. The sport seat looks great but airscaft is equally important for a convertible. I recently sold my Audi convertible and one of the first things buyers were asking was if the car had airscaft. But at the same time, I am sure if you would explain to future buyers of your car that the airscaft is not available on the sport seat they would also understand.

I don't think you can go wrong with either options. If this was the choice I have to make, I would lean towards the standard seat with airscaft because I would always put my comfort first (nice breath of warmth sending down my spine :cool:)

Thanks all - I'm inclined to the standard seats with airscarf - and am now armed with a reason to debate the final price a little more. The other downside of the sports seats is when I have my 12 year old daughter in the car her head knocks straight into the metal sections so has to sit in the back turning me into a taxi driver. I know I should get used to that sensation but.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom