HOW TO: Fit Interior LEDs (W209)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zu11y

Car
CLK 320 cdi
Had some spare time today so decided to install interior white led lights.

ive done it like an 'how to' so others can attempt it if they wish.

overall it is quite easy, just need to know were the clips are and be careful not to snap anything.

First you need the following:

A flat screwdriver or a trim removal tool if available.
LED for the front dome:

• 2x 501 canbus bulbs
  • 1x 46mm canbus festoon
LED for the rear dome

• 2x 36mm canbus festoon

LED for the door lights

• 2x flat 501 canbus

rc3huo.jpg

To begin with i removed the front dome, to do this push a screwdriver where the two clips are located on the side faceing the rear, the three images below show how the dome light looks before, the two clips that require pushing and finally where these are located on the dome housing in the roof lining( the two areas where the metal is slightly bent.)

339ofiq.jpg

2zfn50h.jpg

2w5vvrr.jpg

Now that the front dome is out, we can begin to the change the halogen bulbs. the reading lights both use a 501 canbus bulb, you will need a maximum 5 led bulb (as pictured) anything larger will not fit. The pictures below show the bulb in its housing and then switched on.

11tpwza.jpg

27zbwco.jpg

next there is the 46mm festoon, note - a smaller led such as 41mm or 39mm can go in if you bend the pins inwards. the images below show the original and the led fitted.

8yvwnl.jpg

zswx0g.jpg

now that all the front lights are in, you simply push the the dome back in, to do this place the side neared to the windscreen first then just align the clips and gently push them in. this is what they look like switched on.

w8p5yd.jpg

Now for the rear dome, this is alot easier to remove, it contains three small clips, two facing the rear and one in the middle, to remove simply place a screwdriver where the rear clips are located and gently push it down and it should pop off, the images below show various aspects of the rear, including the location of the three clips.

3493o0h.jpg

358vpq9.jpg

veccx0.jpg

Now its the doors, again these are quite simple, both have a clip on the side facing towards the front of the car, simply push the screwdriver in and slowly pull the housing out, after this remove the original bulb and install the new flat 501 canbus.
148mckg.jpg

2m5kxsw.jpg

I hope this helps anyone wanting to do the same, i will add some images of them in the dark later tonight. If anyone has questions regarding these just send a pm thanks.

Looks good. I might just go and do the same on the clc !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom