Fitted new grille today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markssl

Now it looks the bizzo!!!
dcde0cf466669e95f6e5d6e16baadfd1.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a before and after :D

It reminds me of the older style 202/210 grill that had the chrome around the edge. At that angle it maybe looks too shiny but if you like it that's all that matters!

Another wee mod you might consider. IMHO dark colours need something to lift the vast expanse of horizontal paint. Chrome handle infills are just what the doc ordered.

P1010213.JPG

Another wee mod you might consider. IMHO dark colours need something to lift the vast expanse of horizontal paint. Chrome handle infills are just what the doc ordered.

View attachment 73079

Protects the paint from long nails

It reminds me of the older style 202/210 grill that had the chrome around the edge. At that angle it maybe looks too shiny but if you like it that's all that matters!

The original one seems to be just as chromed

looks really good mate, i think you've made it look more modern with that new grille

looks really good mate, i think you've made it look more modern with that new grille

My thoughts entirely. I did the same to my W211. These grilles are about £140 on eBay.

I prefer the stock one but if you like it that's all that matters. Would be boring if we all liked the same things ;)

View attachment 73079

I might get chrome mirror covers. Had them on my last car and they looked quite cool.
e284b4bf8a5b1c2e52793119fbbdcf64.heic

nice! i call this look the convert! as now its no longer "GRAND DAD" Spec as i call the old grills.

nice! i call this look the convert! as now its no longer "GRAND DAD" Spec as i call the old grills.

Agreed.
I didn’t mind the standard grille just not keen on the raised star. I shall keep this car until the used prices drop on the 2013 - 16 models as that’s the one I want.

Is it easy to replace the star on the bonnet by a flat badge?

ya its a piece of cake to change the emblem. i have a nice amg one on my car bought on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom