Fitting a Parrot kit into an E class estate (W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Digitalghost

Car
E Class 320 CDi
Hello! First post as I've just bought a 320 CDI estate on an 04 plate. I'm trying to transfer my Parrot Mki9200 to my new car and I'm finding it difficult to figure out which cable I need.

I have the Comand stereo/navigation unit with the CD changer below it. Not that the single slot CD player or changer work, but that's for another thread!

I was looking at a website called Incartec.co.uk and saw a couple of leads I thought might be the right sort. They were the Mercedes A20 NTG1 Quadlock SOT Cable CAN Ignition (10-537-IGN) or Mercedes A20 NTG1 Quadlock ISO cable CAN breakout (10-537-SWC). I emailed them and asked and a chap replied saying that I needed neither one. What I do need is the kit to patch into the fibre optic cable which costs £180! The others were about £30.

Further down the line I'd like to add the UNIKA kit so I can use the steering wheel controls.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done it and can tell me which lead I need?

Last edited:
Dont need a cable just open the door sit her in and do up the seatbelt job done....Oh you mean a different kind of Parrot...sorry:D

Tony.

Hello! First post as I've just bought a 320 CDI estate on an 04 plate. I'm trying to transfer my Parrot Mki9200 to my new car and I'm finding it difficult to figure out which cable I need.

I have the Comand stereo/navigation unit with the CD changer below it. Not that the single slot CD player or changer work, but that's for another thread!

I was looking at a website called Incartec.co.uk and saw a couple of leads I thought might be the right sort. They were the Mercedes A20 NTG1 Quadlock SOT Cable CAN Ignition (10-537-IGN) or Mercedes A20 NTG1 Quadlock ISO cable CAN breakout (10-537-SWC). I emailed them and asked and a chap replied saying that I needed neither one. What I do need is the kit to patch into the fibre optic cable which costs £180! The others were about £30.

Further down the line I'd like to add the UNIKA kit so I can use the steering wheel controls.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done it and can tell me which lead I need?

You do not need anything to touch the fibre optic.

If you have comand then you need an NTG comand adapter lead set as your audio gateway (where the speaker wiring is) is in the boot.

However, if you have Comand you probably have phone pre-wire. Email me your VIN to [email protected] and I can tell you.

Could you not use a Viseeo unit?

Well I already own the Parrot kit so was just hoping to buy a lead for about £30. I don't really want to be buying more stuff than necessary.

I think you need one of these, although let Alfie confim

Connects2 Ltd

CT10MC05 | eBay

The image for the item is definately wrong. Also the description talks about various models in the Mercedes range yet those models are in some cases wildly different and the loom even if it were right for one model wouldnt be right for others. Its very confusing.

To be honest I would call up connects2 and tell them you have Mercedes Comand NTG1 with the audio gateway in the boot. This is not ISO. Do they have the correct lead set for it?

Alternatively call incartec. They do have the lead set and the necessary extension you will need.

Last edited:
It's just so frustrating that there isn't a simple answer to the problem. A relatively simple process is becoming rather annoying.

On my Freelander I needed a lead, bought the lead and fitted it in an afternoon.

It's just so frustrating that there isn't a simple answer to the problem. A relatively simple process is becoming rather annoying.

On my Freelander I needed a lead, bought the lead and fitted it in an afternoon.

There is a simple answer.

Just call incartec and buy the two leads. Its because your car has comand that all the wiring for the speakers etc is in the boot of the car.

Well I already own the Parrot kit so was just hoping to buy a lead for about £30. I don't really want to be buying more stuff than necessary.

If you sold the parrot kit and bought a used viseeo puck you would have steering wheel control as standard.

Sadly not a satisfactory resolution to my problem :(

Neither is the following but it's what I do.

Viseeo for phone and an £8 bluetooth receiver plugged into the audio jack in the glovebox for music.

I have used Jabra Freeway for the Past four Years now and its a Visor type of bluetooth that you can connect two phones to at the same time. also it allows you to stream to your radio on the FM Signal look it up on YouTube very practical and prices is about 50 GBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom