footbrake travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merceclass

Car
E Class
hi folks my w211 2008 model seems to have a soft footbrake it also travels half way down before brakes come on a merc indy told me its the type of brakes they have does anyone else this issue

I think your brakes are SBC brakes. If so, your applied pressure doesn't really do any braking, it just tells the SBC module how much braking you're after and it does it for you.

Not saying there's no issue, but read up on SBC brakes and see what you think.

What does "2008 SBC" mean?

I think describing a brake pedal as "soft" makes it pretty clear it's the normal brakes. Also if it was the parking brakes, the indy would have just adjusted them to tighten that up if it was, it's a 5 minute job per rear wheel.

I think describing a brake pedal as "soft" makes it pretty clear it's the normal brakes. Also if it was the parking brakes, the indy would have just adjusted them to tighten that up if it was, it's a 5 minute job per rear wheel.

It means sbc wasn't on 2008 E classes.

Jeez just a observation, perhaps the Op will clear any confusion up and tell us which brake he is talking about.:dk:

E classes from 2006 dropped the SBC system although other models like the SL continued to use it.

I think the OP is talking about having a soft feel on the pedal when braking. Possibly air in the system and I'd try and bleed them as a first job.

If my message read in any way terse, it honestly wasn't intended. :eek:

It didn't help i was being lazy with my opening post:doh: Think sbc was dropped the later half of 2006.

I did notice my friends 2007 s211 Foot brake felt like it had more travel than my sbc fitted car so perhaps its normal.

I had abit of a job adjusting my rear brake shoes and at 1st my foot/park brake felt like it had alot travel similar to the Op's post hence why i thought he maybe talking about that:crazy:

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom