Footwell ticking noise?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Hi guys,
I've got a very annoying noise coming from the footwell area that sounds like a ticking/rattling noise which is hard to describe but anyway it only happens when I travel between 40-60mph in gears 5-6! Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have the slightest idea of what it could be?! Car in question: e350 coupe 61 plate
Thanks in advance for any help

Sorry also to mention, had it on a ramp few weeks ago, guys said it was down to a few bolts missing when it had last service..! Dealers forgot to put them back on after removing something pre draining of oil! Noise went away however now returned but even louder..!

Bump : (

Modern cars have lots of underbody panels [ for sound and aerodynamics] and exhaust heat shields. Its possible some of these were removed during the service and not all the bolts/clips securing them were replaced allowing panel movement and vibration. Only way is to replace the missing bolts/ clips -- that's assuming none of the panels have been damaged in the meantime. Your local MB parts counter should be able to help with the correct fasteners if you go armed with your chassis no and a description of the shielding/panels in question.

My son had an awful clattering noise in his W208 CLK320 when driving down the motorway. It turned out to be missing fastenings on the exhaust heat shield near the gearbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom