For caravanners' eyes only - we're getting a new one!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So how did you get on?

Not entirely to plan... mainly because I locked my keys in the boot.... that delayed my departure by two hours which made my trip to Manchester for tonight unlikely.

All change, my wife got the train, and johntrapper is kindly looking after the caravan tonight...

The caravan I'm overall pleased. There are a couple of things that I need to sort, and some of these wee a surprise. General maintenance stuff really. Inside is great and layout perfect so overall I'm happy.

Will do photos tommorie

Sounds like a little drama along the way but the end result will be worth it?

Yes it will, and fortunately the wife likes it as she had not seen it...

The front repeater indicators fascinate me. Cannot work out why they are there....

k1G8O
https://imgur.com/a/k1G8O [/IMG]

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/k1G8O"><a href="//imgur.com/k1G8O"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That"
Yes it will, and fortunately the wife likes it as she had not seen it...

The front repeater indicators fascinate me. Cannot work out why they are there....

k1G8O
https://imgur.com/a/k1G8O [/IMG]

That's identical to my in-laws' caravan which is around 6 metres to my left as I type! Great caravan. The orange repeaters are just reflectors rather than indicators, due to it be a long vehicle.

Thing is... the front ones on mine at least are actual indicators.

They are a slightly different shape to the reflectors. I'd show a picture, but cant work out how to do it!

The water pump in our caravan doesn't work when we're running off battery power, without being connected to mains electricity. It's not a biggie as we only stay on sites with electric hook up, but it would be handy to do things like wash hands whilst travelling (we carry a little water in the onboard tank).

I've checked the 12v bald fuse which is labelled "pump" and it looks OK. Any more ideas?

Thing is... the front ones on mine at least are actual indicators.

They are a slightly different shape to the reflectors. I'd show a picture, but cant work out how to do it!

On the front panel or the front reflector on the side panel?

On the front panel or the front reflector on the side panel?
Ahh I can see he front one on the side panel is a different shape. I'll ask my father in law if his flashes. I've never noticed when we've traveled together though.

Side of the caravan, Orange light nearest the front... It's not a reflector, unless it flashes in time with the indicators :)

The water pump in our caravan doesn't work when we're running off battery power, without being connected to mains electricity. It's not a biggie as we only stay on sites with electric hook up, but it would be handy to do things like wash hands whilst travelling (we carry a little water in the onboard tank).

I've checked the 12v bald fuse which is labelled "pump" and it looks OK. Any more ideas?

That's odd as the pumps are normally on the 12v circuit I think. Therefore should not care whether plugged in or not. Dying battery not having enough power to the pump maybe?

That's odd as the pumps are normally on the 12v circuit I think. Therefore should not care whether plugged in or not. Dying battery not having enough power to the pump maybe?

Thanks for your suggestion. We've had at least 3 batteries on it now (for other reasons) and it's powering the movers, so maybe but unlikely I think. That said I'm all out of ideas, so perhaps worth a try.

Strangely the 12v accessory sockets haven't worked either. Maybe connected?

the movers are connected directly to the battery. Do you have other issues with 12v stuff when not on mains?

the movers are connected directly to the battery. Do you have other issues with 12v stuff when not on mains?

Just thinking. The 12v accessory sockets don't work at any time and the water pump only works on mains. The lights work OK when not connected up.

The fridge works on mains and when hooked up to mains, but when disconnected the control panel works but the light flashes. I think that's expected behaviour?

Also, the mains sockets in the caravan only work when the caravan is hooked up to the mains, again, executed behaviour I think?

mains and fridge as expected.

I'm tired, but it seems to make sense. None of my theories are working...

I've been investigating our wiring today. We lost the offside marker and tail lights today. At some point someone has dragged the existing cable on the ground and jointed it. It's a mess. As we have a thirteen pin socket on the car I was planning to rewire it onto a thirteen plug, but helpfully the road lights terminate in a completely different place to the 12S electrics... Going to form a terminus in a waterproof junction box under the caravan closer to the front.

We don't have a battery in our van. Everything electric works off this mahoosive 240v to 12v transformer. A lot of the stuff is mains to start with anyways, the lighting and underfloor heating being the main things. Suits me fine. Less extra weight to drag about, the things heavy enough without all that extra gubbins.
The waterpump is one of those Shurflo piston things that gives us mains pressure, great except we seem to use more water as a result.

Does not work so well off grid I guess....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom