For Sale: Head Up Display unit - HUD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I bought this a couple of months ago, but never got around to play with it, until now.

I specifically selected a model that is not lit up like a Christmas tree, with all the colours under the sun, got large white digits, as opposed to green ones, and displays almost nothing but speed and rpm.

I was hoping it'll be alright without reflective sticker, however, the double-image without the sticker is just not something I can go along with, and I do not want the sticker on (it is still in its protective cover and never been opened).

It is basically brand new - I tried it for half an hour, if that.
Already set to display mph, but easy to reset to factory default, should you fancy playing with it.

The model is the same one as here: X5 Car HUD Head Up Display OBDII OBD2 EOBD Fuel Consumption Speed Warning System | eBay

Here's a couple of pics of the actual HUD unit:

32172257254_51049edd4e_o.jpg

32201732913_83b01dddbe_o.jpg

the display is on:
32201731073_edc5b67986_o.jpg

what you'd see on your windscreen:
32891123341_c06dd9f155_o.jpg

£18 delivered in the UK.

Reduced to £14 for a quick sale

Sold, many thanks

Damn missed out

They came down in price, since I bought mine (hence the reduction above) - you can get a new one from China for about £18 or just under.

I love the idea, but the implementation is not as neat, as I would like it to be (what OCD? Never! ;) )

The unit must either be hidden behind the cowl, or sit inside a hood (bought that one too), which looked too big for my car. And then there's that business of having to stick a surface reflective sticker on your windscreen, otherwise the double image is just too much, at least for me it is.

Not given up on the idea ...

They came down in price, since I bought mine (hence the reduction above) - you can get a new one from China for about £18 or just under.

I love the idea, but the implementation is not as neat, as I would like it to be (what OCD? Never! ;) )

The unit must either be hidden behind the cowl, or sit inside a hood (bought that one too), which looked too big for my car. And then there's that business of having to stick a surface reflective sticker on your windscreen, otherwise the double image is just too much, at least for me it is.

Not given up on the idea ...

Got a link?

Cheers

Nice, but I've just shoved a "Mercedes Me" adaptor in my OBDII socket. I wonder if Merc will start doing accessories..... :)

Got a link?

Sure :thumb:

X5 3 inch Car Head Up Display OBD2 II Speed Alarm System Fuel Consumption BH | eBay - £18 from China
X5 3" Car HUD Head Up OBD2 II Speedometer Display Projector Speeding Warning UK | eBay - £20 in UK

This is a larger one:
W02 5inch Head Up Display HUD Car OBD2 Voltage Speed Warning Fuel Consumption BH | eBay - £19 from China,
and for this I have a perfect fit hood, which you can have for a fiver:

32188422744_718365dd4a_o.png

Nice, but I've just shoved a "Mercedes Me" adaptor in my OBDII socket. I wonder if Merc will start doing accessories..... :)

Yes, that was my other dilemma: I have an OBD splitter, which is basically hard-wired: plugged into main socket and goes inside the under cluster panel, were its first extension is occupied permanently by Garmin ecoRoute, and the second one is fitted out, so it's very similar to the OEM one. When Mercedes tech need to plug their STAR in, they just unplug the splitter from the main OBD socket. The second one always stays free, for future MercedesMe or suchlike. Now, when I plugged this HUD into the second socket, it didn't like it, or so was my impression. I tried Garmin in the second one, and it was perfectly fine, displaying everything as usual on the screen and giving mpg reports, etc. That, combined with 'must have sticker" put me off, for now.

X5 3 inch Car Head Up Display OBD2 II Speed Alarm System Fuel Consumption BH | eBay - £18 from China
X5 3" Car HUD Head Up OBD2 II Speedometer Display Projector Speeding Warning UK | eBay - £20 in UK

This is a larger one:
W02 5inch Head Up Display HUD Car OBD2 Voltage Speed Warning Fuel Consumption BH | eBay - £19 from China,

Yes, that was my other dilemma: I have an OBD splitter, which is basically hard-wired: plugged into main socket and goes inside the under cluster panel, were its first extension is occupied permanently by Garmin ecoRoute, and the second one is fitted out, so it's very similar to the OEM one. When Mercedes tech need to plug their STAR in, they just unplug the splitter from the main OBD socket. The second one always stays free, for future MercedesMe or suchlike. Now, when I plugged this HUD into the second socket, it didn't like it, or so was my impression. I tried Garmin in the second one, and it was perfectly fine, displaying everything as usual on the screen and giving mpg reports, etc. That, combined with 'must have sticker" put me off, for now.

If both devices are one way read-only, there shouldn't be a CAN issue, but it's more likely power is the problem....

If both devices are one way read-only, there shouldn't be a CAN issue, but it's more likely power is the problem....

Thanks, I suspected something like that ... It would be interesting to see if MercedesMe works in the second socket. If not, I might as well remove the splitter.

This is a larger one:

Cheers, what's the perfect fit hood?

Cheers, what's the perfect fit hood?

It hides the actual HUD unit from your line of sight, so you only see the reflection, as it should be. All aftermarket HUDs (unless hidden by professional installation) suffer from this.

It hides the actual HUD unit from your line of sight, so you only see the reflection, as it should be. All aftermarket HUDs (unless hidden by professional installation) suffer from this.

Ah right okay. Yeh this seems pretty cool for around £20. Might give it a go.

for sale 1994-95 mercedes 124 classic left hand drive reregistered for uk
convertible

Make this a new post :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom