For those of you with an interest in India and history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
BBC2 tonight. Dan Snow and the East India Company.
My favourite country.

Reading a fantastic book at the moment , called the Great Arc , its about the triangulation of India in the 19th Century.

Would love to go there some time :)

With a bit of luck we are going in November.

A week in Delhi and the Taj, etc. We are going on a train too apparently - that should be interesting.

Then two weeks of chill in Goa.

I worked and traveled in India. A beautiful country that leaves you with lifetime memories.

Going anywhere by car is "exciting" getting back can seem like a miracle ;ˆ)

The people that I met and dealt with were without exception lovely, helpful and massively hungry to hear about your own life and upbringing.

Flying into Mumbai at 09:30 at night to be collected by a driver (my first visit) will live with me forever. I still have tinitus from the sound of his car horn, which he turned on as we set off and turned off when we arrived at the hotel. This is a trend that is followed by every other road user.

Thanks for the info I shall see if it's on iplayer.

Been going to Goa for the last 15 years
Still not bored with the same place. If fact increasingly frustrated that we don't see more of the country.
I keep meaning to drive whilst there other than a scooter but as the rules of the road are there are no rules and if your in an accident and your white it's your fault I haven't built up enough bottle get

Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom