FORD CORTINA 2.0 GL (UNREGISTERED) On E-bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the fact it's a Cortina Mk6 - that must be one better than a MkV which I thought was the last they built :)

Oh the joys of cams that lasted 40k, valve stem oil seals that failed just after you replaced the cam whether you replaced them or not. Void bushes on the suspension that were worn out a week after you replaced them and cars that wouldn't start unless the sun was shining :)

Andy

It wasn't a good car 23 years ago.

I find it difficult to believe it may have improved with age.

ooh - I used to have one of those - bit like the car credit add :D was Mk 5 tho - I didn't know they'd done a mk 6 :crazy: Big end went on mine - was a pile of junk :D

Bet that only had an undercoat instead of a real colour!

I would not be seen dead in that car... imagine being seen today cruising around in that... :eek:

For that sort of money i'd buy a nice used W140... ;)

CUA42Y - A metalic green Mk5 Cortina Crusader Estate.

Sad to say, but the "Metal effect" trim in the brand new Mondeo I drove last week was no more convincing than the "Wood effect" (formica) trim of the Dagenham Dustbin.

What is a real eye-opener, is that a neighbour at the time (1984) bought a W123 Coupe, and it is still around, used daily - looking fantastic!!!

I have a theory for Greenpeace...

Given that typically half of the energy used in a vehicles life is during manufacture (the other half in running it), then the benefits of making a car that lasts twice as long are pretty much the same as making it twice as fuel efficient?

I just sold my 1990 V8 Range Rover - it guzzelled fuel at more than twice the rate of a 2CV/Fiat Panda/Daewoo Whoopsie, but will no doubt easily last 20 years +, more than twice as long as the Eco-friendly car.
In terms of energy used, I'll bet than a Range Rover used for 25 years is better than 3 Fiat Pandas?

I would really appreciate it if there is someone out there who could add some evidence to my wild theory?!!!!!

:eek:

That's a funny looking Sierra...

Ooohhh the good old days (we had a red L + a blue Crusader).

What an experience it must be to veiw that unique peice of mototring history.

I think the advert says it all.....

THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION IS IN EXACTLY THE SAME CONDITION AS IT WAS WHEN IT ROLLED OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE ALMOST 23 YEARS AGO!!!!

Yep, just as crap today as it was then. Just as prone to rust/unreliability/boat like handling etc.

Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily

My mates all had Cortina's whilst I borrowed to the hilt to buy a BMW 2002Tii. My car outran and outlasted all theirs. My thoughts on Ford grew from there on......

I expect someone will lust after it though.....

I'm afraid I have to stand up in defence of the old Cortina, I had a Mk4 as my first car.
Roman Bronze in colour (metalic brown ;))
It was a great car and I would love to own another just for nostalgia (perhapse I would change my mind if I drove one again today??)

Alfie said:
I think the advert says it all.....

THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION IS IN EXACTLY THE SAME CONDITION AS IT WAS WHEN IT ROLLED OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE ALMOST 23 YEARS AGO!!!!

Yep, just as crap today as it was then. Just as prone to rust/unreliability/boat like handling etc.

Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily

My mates all had Cortina's whilst I borrowed to the hilt to buy a BMW 2002Tii. My car outran and outlasted all theirs. My thoughts on Ford grew from there on......

I expect someone will lust after it though.....

Given the on going grief that some members here are having with rust I would not shout too loud about fords and tin worm problems :(

Im sure given its head start of 23 years in storage this is one ford dog that might make its 30th birthday :D

peterchurch said:
Im sure given its head start of 23 years in storage this is one ford dog that might make its 30th birthday :D

I think it's 25th is probably nearer the mark :D

Andy

I understand scotth_uk is looking for a car in this price range. Maybe this would suit him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom