Ford Sierra 5.0 Mustang engine (1984) £7,995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now that's a real fun sleeper,I like it.

Sad as was in Essex last month for £5995

Fun, fun, fun. It would probably break for more than the asking price too. Win, win...

Spoke to the original owner of this car 5(ish) years ago at North Weald's 'run what ya brung'.

From memory it's 360bhp and rapid.

He also said it was an absolute pain in the bum to get warmed up / happy. Due to this he only used it occasionally.

Perhaps it got sorted.

Still an awesome sleeper :)

Does anyone remember the XR8?
sierra_xr8_5.0l_v8.jpg

2350B6A3FC225032A03E2B5032A02C.jpg

Indeed. From Wiki,,

Uniquely, the South African market also saw the introduction of a 5.0 litre XR8 between June 1984 and 1988. A limited number of 250 Sierras were made for the purposes of homologation, as this model was the premier Ford used in Group A racing. The XR8 was fitted with the 302 ci engine from the US Ford Mustang, and the Borg Warner T5 heavy duty transmission. Front brakes were AP Racing four-piston calipers on 280 mm discs. Max power is 209 PS (154 kW) and a top speed of 225 km/h (140 mph) was claimed. The XR8 is easily recognized by having four cooling slats between the headlights, whereas lesser versions were sold with the original smooth front.

The South African market at one time seemed (possibly still does)to produce some unique cars. The first one I came across about twenty plus years ago was the E30 333i.

The South African market at one time seemed (possibly still does)to produce some unique cars. The first one I came across about twenty plus years ago was the E30 333i.

And more recently, the LR Defender with a BMW straight six petrol - 2.8 from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom