Forget tyre blackening, light grey appears to be the 'in' thing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Not sure about the look myself... tyres just looks faded or UV degraded :)

geneva-1-411.jpg

Or maybe something went horribly wrong with the tyres on the showcased C43 AMG coupe

Has to be more than an optical illusion?

Cars below appear to have normal looking tyres

mercedes_c63_6_3_amg_black_series_coupe_performance_media_amg_datarace_aerodynamics_package_carbon_package_hk_sound_sys_2012_1980112463086472044.jpg

6ca089fda632a550143224bd9068a5bc.jpg

Original car different angle
geneva-1-409.jpg

Last edited:
uumode said:
Has to be more than an optical illusion? Cars below appear to have normal looking tyres

Those two cars aren't under artificial light, check the shadowed areas of the tyres in your original pic. There's just no tyre shine on in the original picture

Its the lighting from a trade show + the flash, they dont make grey tyres.

Look at the top side of the SLS tyres in the pic above, they are grey with the same effect.

From another trade show:

'Grey'
2016-Mercedes-AMG-C63-DTM-Coupe-side-at-IAA-2015.jpg

Exactly the same car from a different angle:
'Black'
Mercedes-Benz-AMG-C63-DTM-Coupe-Motorsport-2016-IAA-2015-LIVE-02-750x500.jpg

Havent you ever taken a photo with a flash before? :D :D :D

It's just an over-enthusiastic use of Photoshop, easily done:

SLS_zpsaebg1g7c.jpg

And look, here is a video clip of the same Geneva cars with their amazing 'grey' tyres that change to black when the camera moves :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXOdGOTG3M

In traditional photography, overexposure is a term used to describe the process of exposing film to too much light, which results in the photograph being too bright. In digital photography, where there is no film, overexposure refers to a white-looking or washed-out image (overexposed image).

I can assure you having sat in that exact C63 on Geneva press day that the wheels were black!

Shame.... I was hoping white sidewalls will make a comeback.

I never buy the light grey tyre paint I always get it free every winter after they put salt on the roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom