Formula One 2017 - General Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure if I'm happy or sad. :confused:

What do I do with my McHonda T-Shirts?

Same here! + tea/coffee mugs, caps, key rings, and team flag that's up in my office!!! :wallbash:

It'll give wifey and daughter something to buy be come Xmas. :banana:

But will be worth it if we see the team dressed in the Rocket Red victory T-shirts post race next year.

What do I do with my McHonda T-Shirts?

Rags for an oil change Bob.
I don't see Honda ever catching up with even the Renaults. They have been away too long and lost valuable time developing whilst the others were running cars.

Every time Honda make a step forward (which isn't often) the other brands do the same. Add in Honda's (un)reliability and it looks mission impossible.

I'd like to see BMW return along with Toyota and that much publicised Subaru entry that never happened. I read Porsche are thinking of entering again after 30 years away.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...e-mans-to-start-building-formula-one-engines/
With only 4 engine manufacturers, I feel its not enough and always think its the engine/driver combination that wins, not driver/car

C. Horner hinted in FP1 that there will be another announcement coming soon about another manufacturer coming into F1..he was hinting at Aston Martin.

He was asked 'so another manufacturer apart from Renault and Honda and Porsche?' To which he replied "Absolutely.We have a relationship with a motor manufacturer already and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out who it is"

^ Aren't the new Aston road cars using AMG engines?
Whatever, would be nice to see others on the grid.

Rags for an oil change Bob.
I don't see Honda ever catching up with even the Renaults. They have been away too long and lost valuable time developing whilst the others were running cars.

I'd like to see BMW return along with Toyota and that much publicised Subaru entry that never happened. I read Porsche are thinking of entering again after 30 years away.

You've just emphasised how much Honda have struggled being 'away' from F1 for too long. I'm not sure how the likes of BMW & Co listed above could do any better given their much smaller resources.

Remember the fruitless years of the Toyota works team? $400m PA budget with not one race win.

It's obvious now that Honda totally underestimated the huge challenge ahead. Imagine just how much they have spent in R&D, free engines and subsidising FA's wages? Mindblowing money indeed.

The ironic thing in all this is Honda pulling out of F1, Brawn took over, Merc stepped up and partnership with McLaen ended.

So Honda pulling out of F1 caused the chain reaction to McLarens woes.

Doh!!!

Won't any Aston engine be a Ford rebadge ?

Would there be a Cosworth link ?

THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST? Why the F1 Honda engines don't work---- its all to do with problems of Homogenous Charge Compression Injection (HCCI) and Turbulent Jet Injection (TJI) technology evidently - no I have no idea either.;)
https://drivetribe.com/p/why-the-ho...svPrSsSbgUo45P8ARg?iid=Y_is14VET1-z5hOo5Wi38A
Thanks for the link, interesting stuff.

If they (Honda) are going the HCCI route, it's not a surprise that they're having a tough time getting that right. Creating and maintains the right conditions fir effective HCCI over a wide operating range is a tough gig. Even when you get it right, the rate of pressure rise in the cylinder can be pretty dramatic. Get that wrong and things (like pistons) can be broken or bent.

One thing mentioned a couple of weeks ago by Pat Symonds was that Ferrari (and perhaps others) were looking at creating sub-400 gram steel pistons using 3D printer technology. That sounds like a very useful way to help with these highly boosted engines and would also help with HCCI.

Great FP3, looks like an interesting Qualy coming up :)

Both McLarens in the top 5 shows how good their chassis is

Won't any Aston engine be a Ford rebadge ?

Would there be a Cosworth link ?
Perhaps more likely to be rebadged Mercedes-AMG engines...

Shame that the McLarens didn't live up to their earlier promise in free practice, tomorrow could be interesting, particularly if Max makes one of his lightening starts.

Well, I'm just wondering where McLaren would be with a Renault power unit given what Red Bull achieved. Seems they do indeed have a great chassis. We'll see this time next year.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow. Very bold statement from Danny Ric in the post qually interview saying he still expects to win. I'd love to be there. Love the night race of Singapore.

While initially I would have blamed Max, it looked like the mayhem was down to Vettel.

While initially I would have blamed Max, it looked like the mayhem was down to Vettel.
I understand Ferrari are blaming Max. Looked to me like Seb squeezed Max onto Kimi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom