Forte DPF Cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I've just been given two bottles of Forte Cleaner, 1 is the usual injector cleaner that I've used in the past so happy with that. The second bottle is DPF cleaner & I don't think that my W203 C220I has a particulate filter so my questions are;

Would it safe to use in my car ?

Is there likely to be any benefit if I were to use it ? :dk:

Anyone

I used the cleaner on a Peugeot 307 HDI I had and it worked wonders, but the car had a filter on it. Wouldn't think their would be a need to use on the W203.

Not directly related, but... my other car is a Diesel and does mostly short trips. I use only Premium Diesel in it because I read 'on the Internet' that if you use Premium Diesel the DPF won't clog up even if you do not take the cars for long drives. Time will tell... I may still need that bottle of Forte :)

Not directly related, but... my other car is a Diesel and does mostly short trips. I use only Premium Diesel in it because I read 'on the Internet' that if you use Premium Diesel the DPF won't clog up even if you do not take the cars for long drives. Time will tell... I may still need that bottle of Forte :)

I wouldn't put any credence on the 'internet' about premium fuels not clogging a DPF. They, or some of them, certainly might be better than 'standard', but I think you'll find they will still contain particulates, which will be collected in the DPF. You'll need to run the car under conditions where it can regenerate to clear the DPF.

I wouldn't put any credence on the 'internet' about premium fuels not clogging a DPF. They, or some of them, certainly might be better than 'standard', but I think you'll find they will still contain particulates, which will be collected in the DPF. You'll need to run the car under conditions where it can regenerate to clear the DPF.

You may very well be right... the car only does 1,000 miles a year, so it will be some time before I can reach a verdict.

It depends on the DPF type. Some are active regeneration and some are passive regeneration. I dont know which one but in one of those types, the dpf can be regenerated without the need to take car onto a long drive i think. The premium grade fuel and dpf additive help to keep the soot more 'greasy' or 'wet' or hot, so that the regen process can complete much faster...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom