found new hidden tricks on my clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skyline pete

Car
CLK 230 K ..and a big DAF 105/510 bhp XF
when holding key close to door lock press fob open hold it all windows open..then press to lock hold it on fob windows close...new to me..ha ha.:D.. also my door mirrors go a lot darker in the sunshine ..:thumb:

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I have had my current car for ten years and only a couple of weeks ago I found this weird and amazing thing in the glovebox.

It was some sort of book and on the front cover it said "E Class Owner Handbook". It's amazing: all the hidden stuff in these cars, though I haven't yet figured out what the book does.

I know what you mean. I have had my current car for ten years and only a couple of weeks ago I found this weird and amazing thing in the glovebox.

It was some sort of book and on the front cover it said "E Class Owner Handbook". It's amazing: all the hidden stuff in these cars, though I haven't yet figured out what the book does.

Funny guy

OMG! I decided to read that book!!!

My car - and I can hardly believe this - it moves! I stuck this little black thing in a hole in the dashboard like the book told me to and then a big noise started up and then I moved a stick-like thing that the Owner Handbook said I should and the car moved! Of it's own accord.

Ten years of walking everywhere and all along I had a moving car. Nobody told me it moved as well as looking nice!!!

(Sorry, I have been down the pub all night).

o yes and when you turn that round thing in front of me ... guess what the fukking wheels turn at the front ... thats brill... WHY BOTHER ???????

Last edited:
No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
pixel.gif

Confucius

Seriously, its well documented both in the manual and on here. Virtually all mercs that have central locking remotes have done this, my 1996 CL did it....

The OP chose to post a light hearted thread on something that he hadn't discovered until recently. I'm a little shocked at the band of smart ar$es that seem happy to denigrate him. :(

I'm with you skyline pete. I didn't know I could do that until a couple of weeks ago and I've had my current car for nearly 12 months!

A pity it doesn't work from a decent range, you have to be quite close to the drivers door to do activate the open/close window feature.

Also worth checking on YouTube if like me, you can't be bothered to flick through the entire manual. Just search for your car model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom