Four Door AMG GT a step too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s not the new CLS. The fastest CLS is called the 53. This new model is based on the MRA platform, like the CLS and E Class, but is going to be a completely separate AMG only model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDzhtdZ7TJWYGe9qvN5lKQ

Yes it will be different to the new cls (although very similar in concept) and its the reason the fastest new cls will be the 53. It allows room above it for this AMG vehicle with greater differentiation from the stock cls that will help justify what will be an eye watering price I suspect.

Apparently MB have just "bagged" the 73 model number as well. New hybrid supercar?

Mercedes-AMG GT four-door: Geneva 2018 | PistonHeads

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this from the outside but the engine/transmission all sound very tasty and the dash / interior is the best out there at the moment IMO. I used to be a fan of the latest generation Audi interiors but I think MB have got it spot on with the latest "widescreen" wrap around dash layout. Pity it's going to be another three years to reach the C Class

I really like the colour display buttons on the steering wheel and centre console - very cool idea!

I saw one of these for the first time yesterday.
It is one ugly car.

Ok so it’s not a CLS on paper but it’s offers virtually everything a CLS63 would offer and now the CLS AMG is only a 53 not full on 63 guise.

If this four door AMG GT wasn’t in almost exactly the same segment/style as a CLS why not build a CLS63 as well?

CLS
mgyHH09

AMG GT
APhkfPx

I have no issue with the GT but I can’t help thinking that despite it being apparently all different, it’s essentially a more pricey CLS63.

Also, isn’t it based on the E Class platform?

It won't let me edit but these were the two images I was trying (via iPhone) and failing to display in my post above...

CLS
mgyHH09.jpg

AMG GT
APhkfPx.jpg

Hmmm pretty damn similar!

All cars are so homogenised nowadays, take the badges away and it’s difficult to guess at a glance.

I think (car) life was more interesting when they were more diverse.

Neighbour has a new A6 saloon, it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom