Free Mods!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRH30

Car
SL55 AMG
Just got off the phone from Direct Line to tell them about the modifications I have done to the SL55. These include 19" wheels, remap, SC Pulley, Heat Exchanger and there is no change to the policy. Obviously I was either paying too much in the first place or they think I'm too old to drive it fast!!

That's interesting I was with them until recently and they wouldn't insure me on mine with mods! So I had to change.

When I took out cover with Admiral, I told them I had LPG and I got a good price but was then informed that the insurance didn't cover the replacement of any modifications, you might want to check that ?

Definitely get that all in writing!

When I enquired about modifying the exhaust and fitting braided brake hoses on my 203 Direct Line refuse to cover....

They are sending me out the new documents so will check when I receive them.

They are sending me out the new documents so will check when I receive them.

May I ask how old you are out of interest ? :dk:

Old enough to get state pension and have free bus pass!! Think I must be in my 3rd or 4th childhood!!

A while ago Direct Line told me they wouldn't insure mine with any mods.

I already knew they insured someone else on here at the time (this was probably 3 years) with mods so I reckon they make it up as they go along.

I guess maybe mods have not been disclosed then in some cases - not sure how those with declared mods are insured with them though... :dk:

I always disclose my mods and they make no difference to my premium anyway.

Simple....get a removable towbar fitted.

Will know exactly what it says when I receive the new policy documents but they put me on hold when they checked with underwriter about the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom