Freezing Fridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryan Allman

SUPPORTER
Car
SLK55 (R172) 62.
Hi Guys

The fridge has just started freezing everything that is put in it. The controls haven't been changed, nor the amount of food put in it. I guess its on its way out so any suggestions on a good replacement. This one is a Candy and lasted 10 years and 2 months, are they still as good or is there better ....... :)

The fridge has just started freezing everything that is put in it. The controls haven't been changed, nor the amount of food put in it.

If it's freezing them the compressor is still working.

So chances are it could be as simple as the temperature probe or thermostat.

On many older fridges this is an easy replacement.

It would be worth playing with the control to see if you can just set the temperature 'higher' to see if it will cycle.

As above - if it's just the thermostat, I changed the one on our old fridge, got it back to life until the compressor quit - which is when you look for a new fridge!

I found very detailed instructions on the net for doing the job.

Thanks guys - much appreciated :) I have now (in the words of Arkwright), jer-jer-jiggled the thermostat control a bit to see if there is any change. Otherwise its out with the tool box :)

If you haven't got the owners manual and parts list, have a Google for it - and for "how to change the thermostat on a Candy *****. you'll find the part online easy enough - as I did for our Scandinova fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom