French Toll Road Sanef Tag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effbee584

Car
Jag XF 3.0S and 10 yr old Micra 1.2 auto with Air Con.
Just been offered one of these via Eurotunnel, at a modest saving, seems like a no-brainer so ordered one.
The instructions are very definitive that it should go in the hatched area of windscreen behind rvm. On the CLS there is no spare hatched area to stick the thing, so it will have to go in plain glass area, will find out in a few weeks time if it works.
Toll cost is no different, have to trust them on exchange rate but all administered in the UK and seems like it will soon work on the Dartford tolls, and would be good if it ever worked on Italian tolls.
Any experience of use that may be relevant?

no need to stick on windscreen ..

just hold it up to windscreen when you are in the tag lane.

They work fine and the novelty still has not worn off in being able to effectively pass all the holiday traffic in the toll lanes.

Taking mine to france in 2 weeks to use in the hire car - as said above just wave it around and it will work

Cheers

marc

I am going with my sister's family and my daughter at the end of August to Euro Disney and I considered getting one of these.

I think maybe I should.

Use our's all the time - save loads of time during peak holiday times (like this weekend, for example...).

I am going with my sister's family and my daughter at the end of August to Euro Disney and I considered getting one of these.

I think maybe I should.

It's probably not worth it for Disneyland Paris only. If you're going from Calais or the Chunnel you only go through a handful of tolls.

Definitely worthwhile for longer trips.

C240Sport97 said:
no need to stick on windscreen ..

just hold it up to windscreen when you are in the tag lane.

Totally agree, that's all I do with my Severn Bridge Tag.

I got mine direct from Autoroute : trafic autoroutier, télépéage, services sur aire | APRR AREA for Le Mans. Pay the same as the french rather than the inflated Sanef toll

The Sanef Tag price was very reasonable I think, 31Euro incl 20 refundable deposit, tolls payg, are they more expensive than what the French pay?

Would it be naive to expect we all pay the same, we do if its cash at the booth.

Une fois l'avance de 150€ de Chèques-Vacances consommée, vous pouvez continuer à bénéficier des avantages du télépéage pour seulement 2€ / mois uniquement les mois où vous l'utilisez.

It looks like the above is 150Euro deposit, probably against against toll useage I suppose, and 2 euro pm fee. If toll fees are reduced, maybe this is cheaper.

Best value depends on useage I suppose, I'm happy to pay as I go, this year plan to use some non-toll roads as well. Toll cost in recent years have risen significantly.

Main advantage will be queue jumping, worth paying for.

I'd consider not going to EuroDisney at all!

I'd consider not going to France :D I wish I had been the construction engineer on the channel tunnel instead of the Chemical engineer I would have turned left and linked up with Holland :D

The Sanef Tag price was very reasonable I think, 31Euro incl 20 refundable deposit, tolls payg, are they more expensive than what the French pay?

Would it be naive to expect we all pay the same, we do if its cash at the booth.

Une fois l'avance de 150€ de Chèques-Vacances consommée, vous pouvez continuer à bénéficier des avantages du télépéage pour seulement 2€ / mois uniquement les mois où vous l'utilisez.

It looks like the above is 150Euro deposit, probably against against toll useage I suppose, and 2 euro pm fee. If toll fees are reduced, maybe this is cheaper.

Best value depends on useage I suppose, I'm happy to pay as I go, this year plan to use some non-toll roads as well. Toll cost in recent years have risen significantly.

Main advantage will be queue jumping, worth paying for.

This seems an expensive way of getting set up, I can't comment on the tolls.

I got mine on the French APRR site, paid no set up fee or deposit, and I only get a monthly rental fee levied in the months that I actually use the tag and then it's only one Euro. All the tolls get charged back to my APRR account which then charges my UK credit card.

This seems an expensive way of getting set up, I can't comment on the tolls.

I got mine on the French APRR site, paid no set up fee or deposit, and I only get a monthly rental fee levied in the months that I actually use the tag and then it's only one Euro. All the tolls get charged back to my APRR account which then charges my UK credit card.

Snap. Not sure where the above fee's came from, but I certainly did not need to put 150 euro down... Wonder if that's for trucks?

I'd consider not going to France :D I wish I had been the construction engineer on the channel tunnel instead of the Chemical engineer I would have turned left and linked up with Holland :D

France is OK but if not for the kids I would rather do Netherlands. I used to go often in my young days on the local ferry from Hull, it was cheaper than a night out and I don't drink, smoke or do drugs.

France is OK but if not for the kids I would rather do Netherlands. I used to go often in my young days on the local ferry from Hull, it was cheaper than a night out and I don't drink, smoke or do drugs.

Still is cheaper than a night out if you go as a foot passenger great value overnight a few drinks listen to the band wake up in Holland full day in Amsterdam and then the same on the way back £75 bargain :thumb:

Nothing wrong with France if it wasn't full of French, I avoid the place like the plague. My mate lived at Clermont Ferrand I'm now pleased to say he's moved to Barcelona which is a far more pleasant experience :D

For those with APRR tags, you'll find that when your CC changes, you'll no longer be able to do what you do currently. As we found out last year (when our cards changed), the french rules have changed and the charges now need to be levied against a french account (CC or bank).

Whilst we do have a french account, I've found the UK organisation much easier to deal with, - we got in right at the outset and the Ts & Cs at that stage were exactly the same as the APRR french tag we had (in fact, I still have it... on our car down at the house).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom