From Jap to German

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rowe-b21

Car
honda
Hello everyone ,

first of all don't really do forums so i hope this is the correct placement , i have had a Honda Civc EP3 type r for over a year now done a couple of track days etc in it don't get me wrong nippy little car for what they are however i now work at a main german manufacture dealer not MB or audi .. are we allowed to say the enemies name on here ??? ... BMW and I'm pretty sick of working on and getting in and out of the nicer bmw that they make and then getting in my 10 year old no comforts honda.

The car has done me superbly for the length iv had it but iv got the german bug and want to move up and on. I have considered buying a CLS 55 / 63 either this year or sometime beginning of next year i know its a massive change but i want something a bit more grown up bit more flashy , sensible but still not compromising the speed as much. We had a cls 2.0d ( i think ) come in as P/X took it out for a test drive just to get a feel for the driving style position etc. i enjoyed it lovely and smooth it was only a basic spec model too.

I fully understand the there not cheep to service or maintain if anything goes wrong but most parts i can order through work at a discounted price and I'm also very good friends with one of the mechanics that used to work for Mercedes as one of there head mechanics so labour work is not to much of a problem , anythings i should look out for ideally i want a black one with black interior which i seems to be very rare ?

any advise help and positive comments welcome thank you !

Would you not be better buying BMW bearing in mind where you work ?

Better reliability, better drivetrain, better economy than MB

Just a thought if you search on here there is a lot of praise for beemers particularly the 30d and 35d models

Hi and Welcome.:thumb:

You are on the right track looking at Mercs...Beemers?:doh:
and the right forum too.

Would you not be better buying BMW bearing in mind where you work ?

Better reliability, better drivetrain, better economy than MB

Just a thought if you search on here there is a lot of praise for beemers particularly the 30d and 35d models

What are you on? The guy is looking at a CLS55! Much more reliable than any BMW powerplant. OK, the gearbox is a bit old school, but the motor is a torque monster so the sluggish changes aren't a huge issue.
A 3 series is a step down from a CLS in many ways if you want refinement. The 335d is an awesome car in it's own right though.

Who mentioned a 3 series? I'm thinking 730d 735d or 740. 745 even 645 or 640 miles better than the MB equivalents by a mile

Last edited:
flango said:
Who mentioned a 3 series? I'm thinking 730d 735d or 740. 745 even 645 or 640 miles better than the MB equivalents by a mile

Why do you have a Merc if BMW is your passion

johns E350 said:
Why do you have a Merc if BMW is your passion

My Merc will be my first and my last it's a weekender not a daily driver and was a restoration project. BMW aren't my passion but they are well engineered I've had about 5 over the years but also had 16 Volvo's

My Merc will be my first and my last it's a weekender not a daily driver and was a restoration project. BMW aren't my passion but they are well engineered I've had about 5 over the years but also had 16 Volvo's

Why do you have a Merc if Volvo is your passion? :))

It was a restoration project something to work on on winters nights now brought back to her former glory. It's also a great example of MB engineering which for the record was better than BMW at the time

Not bad for an 18 year old motor?

Doncaster-20120604-00007-1.jpg

Had my CLS55 AMG a year now, £500 for a set of rear tyres has been the only expense (touchwood) bar usual service :thumb:

i did look into getting motor from work i looked closely at the 640 & the 645 but there very how do i put this compared to the merc , basic and low spec. thank you for the bmw input but CLS 55/63 is what i want ill also have a piggy bank set aside for incase anything goes wrong !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom