Front bumper SLK280 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meggamix

Car
SLK280
I was wondering if anyone has tried to repair the damage to a front bumper, in this case two large cracks in the middle of the bumper using fibre glass?
The bodyshop guy said I would be wasting my time as it will not work.

I have tried to source a used one that has not got any damage but they are like knats poo. Please don't tell me the only option is to buy a new one.

I'm in the middle of repairing mine, my body shop were not interested as its slow and labour intensive so I did like my teenage son does and spent a while on Youtube. When you see what they repair on there you will be encouraged to have a go. I'm 3/4 way through and my son thinks I'm doing a good job so I will ask the body shop to just do the finishing skim of filler and re paint it. If like me you have nothing to lose then have a go.
I'm also doing the side skirt as MB wanted €650 for one. Ouch !

Thanks S much appreciated I was intending to do exactly that but needed reassuring from someone who had the same problem. It is the replace with new and ditch the faulty mentality; no wonder our kids just throw things away when they are broken rather than fix em up.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom