fuel efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikibudo

Car
Mercedes-Benz c200 cdi blueefficiency executive se 2012
Mercedes-Benz c200 cdi blueefficiency executive se 2012

Hi I don’t know if you can help or advice.
My fuel efficiency is I think crazy about 22-25mpg. Is this is normal ?
I am talking about city mpg especially morning traffic.
I expected much better.
Out of city or no traffic I can do 40-50mpg no problem. I don’t know I am confused to by honest.
Please say that I am F*** crazy:) lol

I would have thought your mpg sounds pretty good for urban start/stop driving.

It’s a big car to lug around and this sort of motoring is more suited to a city car.

I use my wife’s Aygo on the odd trip to the city rarely using my car due to ease of parking but it’s not a pleasant place to be compared to the E class.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s a big car to lug around and this sort of motoring is more suited to a city car.

I’d second this. It’s not a small car so in stop start driving the engine obviously has to work that bit more. I suspect on a long run though you’ll see the MPG increase significantly.

My old E320 does about 24mpg round town but a genuine 45mpg on a run.

Also don’t forget that the engine will be most efficient when it’s properly warmed up. Round town that will take longer if at all if it’s a short journey. :)

I have a very similar car and your figures don't surprise me especially if its a lot of stop go traffic. The official figures are with stop start working, which yours probably wont, and at summer temperatures.

It's normal, I get around 23 mpg in the morning around town, the temperature doesn't help.

I bought this car in November and yes temperatures make different. Last time I went motorway I did I over 50mpg. But I am thinking about eco remaining very soon or stage 1 remaining.

I have the 220 Amg Sport version and get exactly the same results! A bit upsetting coming from a car that would get 60+ on the motorway.... Big engine, autobox, heavy car, fat tyres....

I get between 15 to 20mpg from my Petrol 3L v6 on a cold morning in stop start city traffic.

Doesn’t matter how good it is on the motorway, if you’re crawling at walking speed, or sat stationary, it’s going to be horrific regardless.

These are all numbers I can only dream of......

My only option is ECO remap or stage 1 remap to improve my pmg in town.

23mpg average if driving in town (my mostly usage), 38mpg average if take it off town and drive with joy :p
but my engine is a little bigger, so i assume your numbers suppose to be a little higher..

I had same car previously. The mpg for local sounds about right. Motoway i use to get 50+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom