Fuel gauge problem C205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biza

Car
Mercedes C200 coupe
Hello,

Two months ago I received my brand new C Class Coupe and unfortunately, from the first month, it had this problem: when the fuel gauge reaches 3-4 bars, it dissapears completely without the warning light for low fuel turning on, and the car indicates 0 range (although the car still has around 1/3 fuel)

Went to the dealer and they made some software update the first time, and changed one fuel sender the second time.

The problem is still here and now the dealer says they will change the whole fuel tank....

I really dont think that changing the whole fuel tank will solve this problem, and i'm really upset since it's a brand new car. Did anybody else encoutered this problem with a C Class?

Thanks

What do you think will solve the problem, and have you suggested it to the dealer?

What do you think will solve the problem, and have you suggested it to the dealer?

A new faultless car will definitely solve the problem... I already suggested this to the dealer.. Joking aside, I m not a mechanic but changing the whole fuel tank seems too radical..

I agree does seem a bit odd changing the whole tank but if there doing it all foc and it might fix it then let them go ahead.

It is very probable that the dealer has already consulted with the technical department at Mercedes before suggesting changing the fuel tank. They wouldn't get a warranty claim for the replacement approved without prior authorisation.

Changing the car! Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom