Fuel Return Pipe Conflicting Info.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffjeffjeff

Car
c class w203
Fuel Return Pipe ( of leak Pipe, or leak of pipe ) Otherwise known.

Car 2002 W203. Diesel C Class.

One of the Pipes is Broken, Mercedes Part £100.00 to fit another £70.00

Trying to fix my wifes car who is SCREAMING AT ME ' you know nothing about cars ' etc etc. before I run away to a hot country and forget I am married.

Would anyone know where I can buy a NON Merc part, or, would you not recommend this?
I have seen some on ebay, but they come in one long PIpe ( without connectors) and you have to make-your-own. ( is that a difficult job )

anyone have some experience with Fuel Return Pipes, I realise It cant be fixed due to safety, as it could potentially catch fire?

thanks guys n gals

J

Seriously, why don't you give your wife the phone number of the MB garage and let her sort it out? Why put yourself in the position of being screamed at?

Nick Froome

How many cylinders does yours have 4 or 5

There is few genuine ones on ebay.

Seriously, why don't you give your wife the phone number of the MB garage and let her sort it out? Why put yourself in the position of being screamed at?

Nick Froome

SERIOUSLY. why don't you come up with something constructive. My wife is disabled!

if you aint got nothing constructive to say about my original post, or anything helpful. Best not to comment and make yourself look and seem both rude, and ignorant.

SERIOUSLY. why don't you come up with something constructive. My wife is disabled!

if you aint got nothing constructive to say about my original post, or anything helpful. Best not to comment and make yourself look and seem both rude, and ignorant.

A couple or three points.

I don't believe any of us are blessed with a crystal ball to give us insight into your personal circumstances.

I believe the comment that seems to have caused you some angst was jocular, tongue in cheek.

You have made it clear that you are not intimately familiar with the car and/or the requirements for a task of this nature which is in a fairly critical safety area.

Consequently - and seriously - you should get this done by someone who is.

hi mate 4 cylinders

There is a 4 cylinder one on ebay for £16 plus £3 p+p

Here is the item number 221252734082

It has the steel fittings so a lot stronger so you will be able to lean on these ones without the fear of them breaking :thumb:

It has the steel fittings so a lot stronger so you will be able to lean on these ones without the fear of them breaking :thumb:

if they are what you say. WOW thanks.

Merc price £91 plus Vat
Euro Car Parts bless em only £58 with HOT30 discount

I don't believe any of us are blessed with a crystal ball to give us insight into your personal circumstances.

I believe the comment that seems to have caused you some angst was jocular, tongue in cheek.

You have made it clear that you are not intimately familiar with the car and/or the requirements for a task of this nature which is in a fairly critical safety area.

Consequently - and seriously - you should get this done by someone who is.

with respect. your opinion is as much use as a Durex in a Monestry.

adios off my thread.

thanks. Just another question do these need the adjuster clips, or are there no need for them?

the Merc standard ones, have a little groove, where the adjuster clips go.?

hi

ps. you have no idea if the comment was tongue-in-cheek. or indeed if it caused me angst!
best to mind ya business........
not but in on a conversation between 2 men.

thanks. Just another question do these need the adjuster clips, or are there no need for them?

the Merc standard ones, have a little groove, where the adjuster clips go.?

Do you mean the C shaped clip you have to pull out the top of the injector to remove the pipe fitting.

If yes you do then you still need to use the clip.

Best thing to do is fit the C clip back in the injector then push the pipe in where you should hear it click firmly into place.

Do you mean the C shaped clip you have to pull out the top of the injector to remove the pipe fitting.

If yes you do then you still need to use the clip.

Best thing to do is fit the C clip back in the injector then push the pipe in where you should hear it click firmly into place.

Andy thanks for the time calling me today!! Totally out of the blue and VERY kind. I can only say thank you so much! your experience in regards to the C220 is overwhelming....

The Off-leak pipe was a bit tuff to get off, managed it in the end.
Lost one of the Links that go onto the top of the pipe!!

i found the pipe very hard to get back into the hole, any sugestions how to push it in further, or is it not supposed to go all the way in?

again top man!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom