1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Full List MPs Expenses

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Bill_33, May 12, 2009.

1. Bill_33

Bill_33 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A160,(W169) previously 300TE - 300CE, E280TE
    4 people like this.
  2. wemorgan

wemorgan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A205 C220d
    In my view one of the more contentious expenses are Sinn Fein claiming £21k/year for a London home yet never sitting in House of Parliament. But they're almost all as bad as each other.

edit: how can the MP for Reading East make not claim for a 2nd home yet the MP for Richmond claim £21365?

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG
    Anyone see BBC News 24 this morning about 8:30? They had some Lord guy on, he said that this isnt every MP and the media never mentions this, then the presenter started quizing him even more, he turns around and said
    "Your getting paid over double what the PMs get (£92,000 for reading the news!), out for tax payers money, and for what, 3 hours work a week!?!"

The presenter was outraged and nearly broke down live on air. excellent telly and hes right!

2 people like this.
  4. verytalldave

verytalldave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    I am surprised that everybody is surprised about all this.
    We have known for years that our elected - and unelected - representatives do very little else other than line their own nests.
    So what can you do about it?
    Very little except putting your pencil cross against a name which might help bring about a REAL change in British politics.
    Remember that next time you are about to make your mark.......................

5. fredT

fredT Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    NO MB :-D , X5, Ducati 748sps, Porsche 996GT2
    well the problem with this is that there isn't really anyone who can (or is willing) to make any REAL change

like you said they are all after only one thing and thats looking after no1

6. bpsorrel

bpsorrel Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    '17 SLC, '14 Lexus Hybrid, '13 Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a '17 Ford Kuga in Russia
    They're all liars, and totally dishonest in my opinion. I've yet to meet an honest politician, regardless of party. Made me laugh yesterday when some idiot MP said he felt this exposure has damaged the public's trust in MPs!! What planet is he on?? WHEN did the public trust MPs???

7. verytalldave

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    The last time was probably around 1950............

Since then the SYIARJ syndrome has taken over..............

1 person likes this.
  8. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    Lets not forget that MP's also get a full final salary pension after only 5 years.

Nice work if you can get it.

2 people like this.
  9. fredT

Car:
    what we need is complete transperancy for all. and not just for expenses i mean EVERYTHING. tax payers should have (easy) access to all govenrment accounts see exactly what is being spent on what. after all its our money.

2 people like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Bill_33

Car:
    The situation really is shocking - especially for the few, (?), honest, hard working MPs.

Clearly there needs to be far more disclosure not only of MPs expenses, but all their other jobs, (earnings), in fact their tax returns should be published.
    When they stand at an election....i.e. this should include prospective candidates
    They are "employees" of the people and we should know this information when they are "interviewed" as with any employee
    They are not above the law or the people that they represent, (us, their employers)
    if they do not like this they have a choice?

I dread to think what would come out if MEPs expenses are published

1 person likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Bill_33

Car:
    Does that mean that they have a full salary for life once they have completed 5 years as an MP..........i.e. if they loose the next election?

12. scumbag

scumbag Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Its German, has a round badge, reminds me of a Mercedes. Satan fuelled
    They work more than 3hrs.

they have to put make up on before going on tv, that will take 10mins if you a man, and a read thru of the items. that will take another 2 or 3 mins. so you looking at a minimum of 3hrs 15mins.

17hrs if you a female news reader.

Mind you £92k. I don't know if thats good or bad really. when you consider how much they pay that waster J Ross!

1 person likes this.
  13. verytalldave

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    To get things in context.........
    My 20 year old son came home early Sunday morning after having gone to a club in London.
    He was set on by 5 men and left with broken teeth and a black eye Henry Cooper would have been proud of. Plus quite a few other minor injuries.
    When I think what COULD have happened...................
    Sort of focuses your mind a bit and brings it home the things that are really important to you personally.

In the words of the late Mr Farrokh Bulsara............nothing really matters........

14. scumbag

scumbag Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Its German, has a round badge, reminds me of a Mercedes. Satan fuelled
    having looked through it, it does give you a bit of an idea how much MP's cost just to do whatever it is they do.

The housing costs are not as big a chunk of the costs as I first thought.

it does appear that it looks to be around £120k a year in costs on average for all of them. Maybe that wants lookin at.

15. fredT

Car:
    o fcourse there are more important things to worry about. that doesnt take away from the fact that our country (just like all other countries) is beeing led by a corrupt circle of families and friends that are legally stealing from us whilst maintaining they are doing the best they can to serve us

16. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    I am very sorry to hear this Dave and hope your son isn't too shaken up by all this

1 person likes this.
  17. grober

grober Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Medieval Madness??

Loved the one about Douglas Hogg-- Conservative Member of Parliament for Sleaford and North Hykeham, who submitted a claim to cover the costs of "cleaning the moat" :eek: round his house Kettleburgh Hall! Presumably it had got choked with "peasants" all bleating about how high their taxes were? :rolleyes:
    MPs' expenses: Paying bills for Tory grandees - Telegraph

18. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    As I said on the other thread running on this subject its alas not just nuu-lab. In this regard both the main parties are as bad as each other and the MPs are a disgrace to themselves and to the people which they represent.

19. PXW

PXW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 350 bluetec AMG night edition prem+
    I think Hogg has denied that this formed part of his claim - it was included in the schedule of work he had done but was not claimed or reimbursed.

20. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY17 GLC250d AMG Sport
    I've put that chart into excel. Here are the average spend by party, ordered by cost

SPE 74,522 (1 MP ony)
    IND 124,498 (all types)
    SF 136,247
    RES 136,390 (1 MP only)
    CON 138,340
    LAB 146,431
    DUP 148,646
    LD 151,210
    SNP 151,881
    PC 153,232
    SDLP 154,365

The results surprised me - not sure why each libdem should cost us best part of 13k more than a tory !

Looking forward to the libdem expense claims in the papers later in the week

Richard

Tags: