Full service after 2800 miles!!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Just got an email from MB Milton Keynes telling me my 10 month old SLK is due a full service by 29/5/14.

I entered the mileage at 2800 and the system confirmed a full (A) service due.

Is this possible after such low mileage? I've hardly used the car!

I take it services are annual regardless of mileage?.....

Ah well....

Yes.. The ASSYST might take either millage or time as a decision point. My wife's car was showing 7k miles to service and then it went to 30 days to service as it was reaching a year since the last one... Frustrating as when you do not do a lot of miles you still need to to the same number of services . Even my 911 has a service every two years and not one and that is more than fine.(other than changing oil if need/want to) .. Not sure why every year is needed ..

Theo

I'll call into the dealer next week to verify and put my case, but I'm not expecting much joy. The pleasures of MB ownership I guess. :)

Unless it is on a lease or PCP it is of course down to you when you service it. The fact that you cover a low mileage could mean a lot of short journeys and in those circumstances an oil and filter change is often recommended.

Although you have covered only a few miles there is still the possibility of some unseen damage or wear having occurred and in the scheme of things the service costs are rather small compared to the overall cost of ownership.

I take it services are annual regardless of mileage?.....

I wish!

I took delivery of my car at around late May last year, and also received a letter from MB Milton Keynes, reminding me my car is due for its' first service.

What they don't know, is that the car has done 38,000 miles, and has already been serviced twice at MB Guildford.

I'll call into the dealer next week to verify and put my case, but I'm not expecting much joy. The pleasures of MB ownership I guess. :)

They've been c15,000 miles OR 12 months, whichever comes first, for several years. If you want to maintain the warranty, you don't really have much choice, and if it's on MB finance it will be a requirement of the agreement.

Obviously, if you own it, it's your decision whether to spend the money. I agree it's a pain, especially the B service when they sting you for a pollen filter etc., even as in my case a few years ago the car had only done 2,400 miles after the 2 years (not my main one!). Not much air had passed across the (very) expensive filter. Brake fluid was fair enough as it deteriorates even when car isn't in use, but a pollen filter???

To be fair to MB, it isn't only them, they all play the same game :)

As it's on a business lease I guess I've no choice, but it does sting a bit!! It's a second (third car if you include SWMBOs) car for weekend fun so very low mileage.

Ah well, suck it up time! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom