Fun last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxbrownie

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML350Cdi BE now replaced, E220 2013MY just for a bit.....
Well not as much fun as it could have been, sitting watching TV with the french doors open (humid last night) when there was a very strange loud sort of humming/vibrating/plane whizzing by noise, followed by a very loud dull THUD.

Oh poop I thought, light plane.......but no (it was a very odd noise, no tinkly crash at the end)

Next door had a Peugeot 308 Estate in her garden, no...not the front, the back garden, unfortunately it had to demolish a 6 foot high 20 long wall to get there!

We were in the garden within 15 seconds, where I found another car had already stopped and three kids were watching the wreck, apparently the two people in the Peugeot had got straight out and legged it fast, very fast as an off duty copper near by couldn't catch them either, we had dogs, helicopter et al but no scrots!

All airbags deployed, a bit of blood on the passenger window, as the car had apparently spun (on a dead straight road, dry conditions) and hit the wall side on, luckily as it turns out as had it hit head on at that speed it would probably embedded itself in her house as well!

Police reckon the car was bought recently but not a new registered owner is recorded yet or insurance (surprise, surprise). All the docs were in the car, but no personal stuff.

Her BF has done a great job today building a dry stone wall from the huge pile of bricks on the lawn :D

She rang her home insurance last night as I suggested (as the wall backs onto a path) it was unstable and could be dangerous, the insurance company sais its not an emergency.......but if it had been a leaking boiler they would have been there within an hour! :wallbash: She was a bit miffed with them.

Last edited:
The blood on the window should hopefully give a DNA match to a known offender.

Yes, they also said they could retrieve DNA from the airbags.........usually saliva or tears (eye mush :crazy: )

On the ownership.... isn't it the old owners responsibility to tell DVLA who has bought it?

On the wall.... lets hop it doesn't fall... might be safer not re-stacked.

On the ownership.... isn't it the old owners responsibility to tell DVLA who has bought it?

On the wall.... lets hop it doesn't fall... might be safer not re-stacked.

Yes, but did you really know if the last person to buy your car filled in his name and address truthfully? I must admit I have never asked for proof of the new owners identity.

As for the wall the concern is over the part that was not knocked down as it is now a 6 foot high wall with two unsteady ends either side of the gap, the "dry stone" bit funnily enough is as solid as a cotswold wall, I reckon he could make a living at it :D

She rang her home insurance last night as I suggested (as the wall backs onto a path) it was unstable and could be dangerous, the insurance company sais its not an emergency.......but if it had been a leaking boiler they would have been there within an hour! :wallbash: She was a bit miffed with them.

As long as she communicates her fears that an innocent passer-by might be at risk from the wall falling on them , then the insurer cannot deny liability should the worst happen .

Confirmation of the above in an email , which cannot be subsequently denied , or the recording of 'lost' might not be a bad idea .

Even if the miscreants have not yet insured the vehicle , unfortunately for the last owner , their insurer will become liable for the third party damage as the road traffic act insurer .

Yes , but my interpretation of what was written here is that the transfer was so recent that DVLA may not yet have updated their records .

We do not know when it was sold/transferred......the police did a check at the time and just told us it had not been registered with the new keeper yet, seemed to be a company car previously as it had no smoking stickers in it (could have been a mini-cab, but a Peugeot? Nah).
By thier implication at the time it seemed it had been sold a while ago, and it had no road tax, insurance or reg keeper (of course).

Ah , they were trying to park it in the neighbour's pool then ? :D

They would have to go another 100 feet or so to get to a pool, and I'd be not best pleased :D
coolcat2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom