Fund Raising: Hundred Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blassberg

Car
ex C320CDI, ex SLK200K, Sharing Their Saxo 1.1i !!, Her SLK200K, His ZX6R
Appreciate your knowledge / input

Do i need a gambling licence to set up a hundred club to raise funds for our water polo club? Does it depend on whether we sell tickets only to members / their famillies / the general public?

We want to subsidise young players who are selected for Regional or International training / competitions to build on the successful youth set-up we have created. A nice problem to have admittedly.

basically a draw. You sell say 100 (hence the name) numbers for £1 (say) each. There are 12 draws a year. So people pay £12(s) for their number(s) for the year. So takings are £100 per month and you give out half in prizes say £20 / £10 / 5 per month with £15 per month going into a bonus draw at the end of the year for 12 x 15 = £180. The remaining half of the income stays in the club.

Try this

It appears to say that if your tickets are less than £2, and the draw is for charitable purposes, then you are ok. But they know more than me....

PJ

Looking at your example you could operate either a Private Lottery or Society Lottery below the thresholds without a registration from either the LA or GC. See s.11 to 17 below
http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/UploadDocs/Contents/Documents/Lotteries and the Law.pdf

I would advise that in this instance you just need to make sure that you operate in accordance with the various stipulations and in particular that your rules are clear and available for participants to view.

Edit: Mr E beat me to it sorry for the duplicate post!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom