G techniq C2 over Zymol video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Well after 9 days I gave in and hand polished my car. I then finished it with G techniq C2. I'm after a hydrophobic finish!

Click image to play video.

PS.I cleaned the wheels later!!
PPS. If only I could put Exo over this rather than having to strip everything back to clearcoat.
PPPS. 28 secs on is :)

That really is impressive as is the shine.

Is it me, or is there a Martian with a bladder problem in the video?

That really is impressive as is the shine.

Is it me, or is there a Martian with a bladder problem in the video?

LOL. Er that's a watering can! Glad you like the finish :)

I would be genuinely interested to see how long those water repelling properties last.
Also what it looks like in the rain - must be amazing.

I would be genuinely interested to see how long those water repelling properties last.
I'll see if I can get some photo or videos in the rain.

+1 I would be very interested in how lng this last before some form of top up is required.

Please do update us. Your detailing will soon be challenging Rashman.

Kamal

Looks great, any special prep required before putting it on, apart from washing and claying?

+1 I would be very interested in how lng this last before some form of top up is required.

Kamal
LOL. The trouble is I drive 15000 miles a year which makes keeping everything shipshape really hard.

Looks great, any special prep required before putting it on, apart from washing and claying?

If you use EXO then you need to get back to just clearcoat with no wax etc. C2 can be applied over wax just like I have.

Can one get great techniques exo as a sample?

Can one get great techniques exo as a sample?
blooming spell check! Can one get G techniq Exo as a sample?

It comes in a little spray and you either spray a little onto a Microfibre cloth or directly onto the surface you wipe on and then buff off with a clean cloth. Very easy. (Unlike C1)

Do you think i could apply C2 over my Zaino Finish Eg Z2 Z6 Z8?

Guys silly question but that G techniq C2 stuff , can it be used with any polish thats been used beforehand ? i might get some looks good :thumb:

Do you think i could apply C2 over my Zaino Finish Eg Z2 Z6 Z8?

The honest answer is I don't know as I haven't used Zaino. My understanding is that you can apply C2 over existing wax/polish though..... you could ask Gtechniq.

Guys silly question but that G techniq C2 stuff , can it be used with any polish thats been used beforehand ? i might get some looks good :thumb:

From G techniqs website:

"C2 can be used with any other car care products as a base or top layer"

I've also just noticed that the new C2 V3 is only £6!! I'm sure paid £18 or something!

Great thanks ive just ordered 500ml off Ebay roll up and shine for £19.50 and ordered the matte dash shine too

The honest answer is I don't know as I haven't used Zaino. My understanding is that you can apply C2 over existing wax/polish though..... you could ask Gtechniq.

From G techniqs website:

"C2 can be used with any other car care products as a base or top layer"

I've also just noticed that the new C2 V3 is only £6!! I'm sure paid £18 or something!
C2 V3 ? is that the top coat layer ? is ebay the best place to buy it ? :)

Elite on here give a discount type mbclub in the discount code box.

I Just did it on ebay as i have got stuff off them before and arrrives fast!!

Kamal
Right guys, it's been a week and it's as shiny as ever but because I've driven a lot its covered in dust and flies. I need to clean it so what do you want to see? Do you want me to just wash and dry the car and then retest the hydrophobic qualities without any topup of wax or c2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom