GAP insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
It's certainly worth shopping around.

In my case, quotes are for return to Invoice - maximum payout is £10K.

Dealer - £300 for 3 years, £400 for 4 years. On line, £186 for 5 years.

The sales manager didn't seem surprised that I declined the insurance when collecting the car yesterday; I didn't say why; after all he doesn't decide the prices.

Sorry to bring this up again but I need advise/help on the subject

I'm waiting delivery of a New C Class on a 3 year personal lease. Questions as follows:

1) would you advise to take out GAP?

2) if so, how much for? (eg. £5k, £10k, £15k etc)

3) can you recommend a company?

4) how much is it likely to cost?

5) is it a one off payment to cover the term of the lease (3 years) or annual?

The lease company want £299.99

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ant

I took out return to invoice with ALA for £108 (2 years)

Will I do it with the new car? Possibly not..

It's a bit messy with lease cars as the usual arrangement is that the lease is terminated and the lease company comes up with a settlement figure. The payout from your insurance may or may not be enough - if it's not enough, then you have to pay the difference. You could do with clarifying what the lease company's procedure is. They'll rarely accept a replacement car if your insurance company offers this and your insurance company won't usually give you that value either, they'll just pay what the car was worth at the time.

As mentioned above, ALA seem pretty competitive in this area and if you join thr Pistonheads forum there's an additional discount available.

Prices you've been quoted don't seem too horrendous though - just bought a £30K VW and the dealer wanted £750 for vehicle replacement GAP for 3yrs. Same thing with ALA was £199, before discount.

Thanks for the info.

Ant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom