Garmin Map Pilot update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When are car manufacturers going to stop mucking about and just use Google Maps? I've always used my phone as my sat nav and its the simplest thing ever (and accurate). My BMW system insists on giving me some weird directions, like heading up the A1 it wants me to turn right towards Hull to go to Manchester! I've cme to the conclusion that virtually all in-car sat navs arent worth the SD cards they are written to.

When are car manufacturers going to stop mucking about and just use Google Maps? I've always used my phone as my sat nav and its the simplest thing ever (and accurate). My BMW system insists on giving me some weird directions, like heading up the A1 it wants me to turn right towards Hull to go to Manchester! I've cme to the conclusion that virtually all in-car sat navs arent worth the SD cards they are written to.

....when they finally give-up on 'COMAND' and 'iDrive' and such like, and simply accept that Apple Car Play with Siri and Android Auto with OK Google are superior.

Last edited:
Can i copy the SD Card Garmin Map Pilot onto another SD Card.

Thought I would make a copy, just to be safe. Copies OK, but when you plug it in it doesn't work. I think it says unrecognised card or something similar.

You can get an SD card with V7 on ebay starting around £45 or so, V8 can be bought for around £75, I got V8 for mine as I had V5 when I bought the car.

You might want to put your SD card into Mercedes download manager on the off chance that Mercedes gave you a new card & within the 60 days will update for free before buying a new one?

Russ

Hi Russ,

I'm looking to buy an SD card on eBay and just wondered how you have got on with it? I've read that they sometimes stop working after 6 weeks.
Thanks
Clare

Hi Russ,

I'm looking to buy an SD card on eBay and just wondered how you have got on with it? I've read that they sometimes stop working after 6 weeks.
Thanks
Clare

No problem with mine, still working OK.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom