Geneva Motorshow 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

That time of year again when I pop to the Geneva show. Anyone else going?

Anyone want pictures of anything none Mercedes.

I'm going to have a better than normal look at the S212's although I'm more than happy with mine :)

I really wanted to go, but work suddenly took off like crazy. I'm really disappointed!

Have fun!!

Has there been any sign of the new Range Rover yet?, it was rumoured to be getting launched in Geneva but doesn't seem to have appeared.

Range Rover Evoque convertible
Infinite Emerg-e

Would you mind setting fire to the Bentley SUV please? :thumb:

It's an abomination.

Not this year, I went last year and I'd never walked so much in my life!

Great car show to go to :)

I went yesterday. That Bentley is just as ugly in the flesh! Apparently, it's going to appeal to the Americans - which I guess has some credibility.
'New SL looks good on the stand although not much of a departure from the current model.
The new A class is a stand out model. So much nicer to look at than the old.
New Range Rover is not on show although there are some spy shots about. I don't think it is going to be substantially different. Possibly further up market.
Some nice looking BMWs.

Just been looking at the new RUF Porsche(s) and wow. I've always liked the Porsche shape but RUF do a really good job of making it that much sexier without chaving it up or blinging it to hell and back. As for that Bentley suv, I can imagine I wouldn't want to count someone who owned one as a friend as I like my friends to have good taste in their cars as I'll be needing a few rides to pick up parts for my old merc and i hate hiding in the footwell of ugly cars. It's just not cricket!

Yes, will be going on Tuesday.

Don't want to sound dim, I know the Euro isn't Switzerland's currency, but how widely accepted is it around the airport (shops) and the exhibition (say, at cafes)itself?

I've got Euros and seeing as Geneva is on the French border (and it is an airport in the middle of Europe!), I thought they might.

We tend to take Swiss francs, shops and cafes will accept the euro but that makes an already expensive purchase VERY expensive as they factor in a pathetic exchange rate.

The airport will accept Euros and the Hall is almost attached to the airport. A large coffee and a sandwich is like £12 in swiss so probably £14 in euros....and you know how little a large coffee is there.. :)

Stuff the RR & Bentley SUVs

Lots of G-Wagen pics (preferably not in black)

Stuff the RR & Bentley SUVs

Lots of G-Wagen pics (preferably not in black)

Some people would like to see the new stuff though and not things that have been around since the Reign of William The Conqueror;).

I love the G class every yr we go they are still there...

Awesome, especially the Brabus ones :)

Yes, will be going on Tuesday.

Don't want to sound dim, I know the Euro isn't Switzerland's currency, but how widely accepted is it around the airport (shops) and the exhibition (say, at cafes)itself?

I've got Euros and seeing as Geneva is on the French border (and it is an airport in the middle of Europe!), I thought they might.

I am going tomorrow too and after the bankruptcy cost of chicken nuggets and chips for £14 (!!!) I will be raiding M&S at the airport beforehand

I love the G class every yr we go they are still there...

Awesome, especially the Brabus ones :)

Don't get me wrong I love the G Wagen, just when it comes to a Motorshow I'm more interested in seeing new stuff than something that has been around for 30 or so years.

Ok, here's a few I took today. I managed to get most pictures of most of the cars as requested - apologies for some of the rubbish quality of the pics.
IMGP2497.jpg

IMGP2484.jpg

IMGP2483.jpg

IMGP2473.jpg

IMGP2461.jpg

IMGP2453.jpg

IMGP2452.jpg

IMGP2447.jpg

IMGP2444.jpg

IMGP2439.jpg

IMGP2438.jpg

IMGP2430.jpg

IMGP2428.jpg

IMGP2426.jpg

IMGP2425.jpg

IMGP2424.jpg

And to answer my Euro acceptance question I asked earlier. some places were able to take Euros, some of the food stalls were giving a rate of 1 Euro = 1.15 CHF, and some of the exhibition stands were doing 1 Euro = 1.25 CHF. Though the rate on www.xe.com/ucc is 1 Euro = 1.21 CHF. Didn't need to buy anything there, kept hunger at bay until I got to the airport lounge, and the Kia and Mercedes stands were giving drinks away anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom