Genuine BOSE Headphones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

High-Lo

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
Any experts here on BOSE products able to tell if there is anything suspect about these?

I have heard that there are loads of fakes around but they all seem to be the in-ear models and not the on-ear.

Thanks,
Steve

Ok - seller only has one set not loads, seller is not selling any other headsets or anything else
Seller has 3 recent private feedbacks that "may" be Bose headset sales however if they were fake the buyers would have left follow up feedback by now or complained to Ebay

I think based on the above its worth a punt - make sure you pay with paypal

This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller.

I wouldn't buy from any seller hiding what they sell in there feedback, there is a reason. I would pay the other £40 and buy direct from Bose.

lol the real ones are £279 i got a pair for me and my girlfriend the other day... stay away from the ON ear ones.... the cheapest Bose you can get are £99
defiantly go for these

Bose Around-Ear Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

had mine since 07. they have survived 3 VERY sketchy connecting flights to Trinidad and a whole host of the USA. you don't even know your wearing them...

Thanks for your replies. The price from Bose for this model is £120. Considering the risk, I might just pay the full price.

Audition them alongside Sennheisser before you buy - if you like the sound and comfort then go ahead .

I use Senn IE6`s and love them (really good with my iPad)

On the ebay auction there is no risk, if they are not what he says you do a paypal claim and they refund you once you supply a recorded delivery tracking number to them - no hassle

Dave

Two weeks ago I bought these from Maplin. I sometimes get interference which I why I am now looking for a set of Bose. The wireless element is nice as I can wear them around the house but I'm just not 100% happy with them. I should have saved the £80 and just went for Bose in the first place or possibly just didn't go for the wireless ones.

Last edited:
Can't you go back to Maplin and exchange them for something else ?

Wireless headphones can at times be problematic , although they have their advantages .

I still have a pair of Sennheisser HD 424's which must be 30+ years old now and still great , plus a pair of closed back HD 25's which I use for location work where I need to keep background noise out .

Best headphones I ever had were a pair of Stax electrostatics ( SR-X , IIRC ) eventually sold them to a friend who pestered me for them until I gave in .

Can't you go back to Maplin and exchange them for something else ?

I was thinking about doing that but don't know if I have left it too long. Definitely worth asking though :)

Best headphones I ever had were a pair of Stax electrostatics ( SR-X , IIRC ) eventually sold them to a friend who pestered me for them until I gave in .

Still got mine, although the (now rather weak) plastic casing on one side has broken. Magical sound. I was told when I bought them that they were used by Mercedes sound engineers to work on the quietness of the cars. Sounds apocryphal to me, but I liked the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom