German Grand Prix...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Rosberg needs a slap.

Easy win for Lewis.

Apparently, (Nicos words) he was on full lock!!!

Yes, I'd like to see him repeat that statement when he views the on board footage.

Good job done by Red Bull, keeping Nico behind with genuine pace. (Albeit aided with Nico's 8 second stopGo???)

Last edited by a moderator:
He was on full lock, he just started turning too late

I'll be honest tho, I didn't think he deserved a penalty.

VES pushes the rules to the limit and sometimes I think he goes over the line (last race with RAI) but was quick to moan when he got pushed to the edge.

He did however have a stonking start but was lucky not to knock both Red Bulls out of the race

Rosberg needs more than a slap

His face after a race he didnt win is class. every possible excuse comes out.

Rosberg needs more than a slap

His face after a race he didnt win is class. every possible excuse comes out.

I am no Rosberg fan but at least he seems to talk positive (optimistic?), even if it is all carp :D

Lewis (whom I was supporting) can go very quiet, even when pole is not achieved and mopes around not saying much. I guess it doesn't matter when you are World Champion.

I also thought it was interesting that the German fans didn't boo Lewis on the podium

I also thought it was interesting that the German fans didn't boo Lewis on the podium

Perhaps the German fans acknowledge Lewis is one of the great drivers and deserves accolades not boos?
Poor form to boo any driver IMO.
I expected more from Rosberg today and just don't think he is World champion material. Ricciardo and Verstappen however do fall into that category. Given a Mercedes I think both would beat Rosberg.

I wonder if Niki is regretting his recent resigning of Nico. Have to laugh when he talks about contracts he always comments he had to pay Lewis more.

I wonder if Niki is regretting his recent resigning of Nico. Have to laugh when he talks about contracts he always comments he had to pay Lewis more.

Worth reminding yourself perhaps as to how many races NR managed to win consecutively just a few months ago.

One of the problems with F1 is that drivers are like brands that once strongly established they get judged differently from the rest of the field. The likes of FA, LH, and KR and perhaps SV are in that category. Anything NR does is referenced against LH in the media - but not vice versa.

With F1 what we see is that driving mistakes cost disproportionately. Over the last few years it has generally been taht the car in clean air out front can manage and control the race. Drivers playing catch throw away that management advantage - and the issues of aerodynamics, tyres, and overtaking make the guy out front look better than he really is (compared to the rest).

The penalty system and rules regarding fair overtaking and defending are in principle a good thing. But the reality is that they seem to cause problems too - because it means that a driver who is mixing it up and trying to overtake is disproportionately at risk. And again that means being out front has an even greater advantage.

I am no Rosberg fan but at least he seems to talk positive (optimistic?), even if it is all carp :D

Lewis (whom I was supporting) can go very quiet, even when pole is not achieved and mopes around not saying much. I guess it doesn't matter when you are World Champion.

Germans don't recognise Rosberg as German. He is born and bred Monégasque

Sorry, thought Keke was Finnish, or do you know something else about Nico's parentage?

Last edited:
Bit surprised about the criticism of Nico. If you watch, as he goes into the gap, Max moves right to defend, Nico can't make the apex because of this, resulting in him entering the corner wide. Max obviously has to yield, forcing him wide. To me it was good racing.

I actually think Nico had Verstappens aggressive racing in mind when he made the move. As in "be as aggressive as you want mate, Im still getting past"

Drivers must be allowed to make moves to overtake. After all its racing. (Lets also not forget the number of outright dangerous moves LH makes each year, without penalty)

Exactly the above. Once again the race is decided at a table in an office and not on the track. They may as well stay in the pits and just ask the stewards what they want the result to be.

Yes but you should leave enough room for the driver your overtaking if you are a professional F1 driver and can't do that then don't make the move to overtake.

If running someone off the track and taking the place is fine with some people might as well add some bumpers and let them fight it out. BTCC comes to mind.

Nico would still lose and have a moan about something else. Whenever challenged nico folds simple as that. Just because he was winning races at the start doesn't mean he is a good driver.

Exactly the above. Once again the race is decided at a table in an office and not on the track. They may as well stay in the pits and just ask the stewards what they want the result to be.

Wrong. The race was won by the driver with the superior car and skill.

Wrong. The race was won by the driver with the superior car and skill.

I can't argue that. But I will say that the strategy was largely dictated (changed) by NR's penalty. That included the strategy of his competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom