German pressed plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

24karrat

Car
1989 560 SEL AMG Japanese Import | 2014 A180 CDI AMG SPORT
Ordered some Alu pressed plates, definitely can appreciate the front bumper a lot more & linear-age at the rear. What you guys think?

image-2058588687.jpg

image-2732652832.jpg

Drove passed 4 police cars today, one with NPRS & didn't get stopped. Think there illegal if you put them on a UK car but as mine is a left hand drive & german, I can get away with it but didn't really do much research into the parameters of legality just for the authentic imported look

I think they look great, just a shame not legal. Here's my old German car. I was trying to get M-AN 8008 but had to settle for this instead...

Attachments

• IMG_20140905_191841.JPG
    IMG_20140905_191841.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 41
Drove passed 4 police cars today, one with NPRS & didn't get stopped. Think there illegal if you put them on a UK car but as mine is a left hand drive & german, I can get away with it but didn't really do much research into the parameters of legality just for the authentic imported look

Your car may be LHD and made in Germany...but it's registered in the UK...so the D is not legal.

I think they make nice show plates but I wouldnt have them on my car for day to day use.

I like them!

I've seen some shocking plates driving around, and they seem to get away with it. I reckon you'd be pretty unlucky to get stopped for them.

I like them!

I've seen some shocking plates driving around, and they seem to get away with it. I reckon you'd be pretty unlucky to get stopped for them.

Haha me too, I've seen some dodgy spacings around the city & randoms dots to make letters, i prefer this style, gutted i couldn't get the platek in the middle like RWDpatrols. Thinking of it, I've got a latvian friend with pressed plates & he's never had a issue. fyi I was born in Germany too.

Have been wondering recently - due to the abolishment of the tax disc, whether VOSA and the Police will be hotting up their enforcement on dodgy/illegal plates? I would guess plates like yours stand out - whether you like the look of them or not I would be careful :)

Have been wondering recently - due to the abolishment of the tax disc, whether VOSA and the Police will be hotting up their enforcement on dodgy/illegal plates? I would guess plates like yours stand out - whether you like the look of them or not I would be careful :)

Or just tackle the 80% that have easily ANPR-able plates, and close a blind eye to those that arent...

Would have thought the opposite would be true. If you are checking each and every car as they drive past, and one pops up that doesn't register - you could reasonably assume an attempt to avoid detection and hence look into the vehicle with interest.

At the very least they will be able to do you for illegal plates - but with such reliance on the mark being readable these days I would think anything obvious like this will get a tug soon.

Won't go through an MOT test either.

Also won't get flagged up as stolen, so even less chance of it being recovered.

What was that meant to be spelling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom