Get my first ever Mercedes today - quite excited!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alf Isty

Car
Alfa Romeo GT
:D

Pity it will only be for a week though.

It's been 11 months since I last posted on here about getting into motoring journalism and although I've been a long-term Mercedes fan (and stalker on here) I've never actually driven one!

However, after having a weekly review published in the local paper and starting my own blog I've managed to get a 220d E-Class AMG-Line from the Merc press fleet.

I'll try to remain impartial . . .

:D

Pity it will only be for a week though.

It's been 11 months since I last posted on here about getting into motoring journalism and although I've been a long-term Mercedes fan (and stalker on here) I've never actually driven one!

However, after having a weekly review published in the local paper and starting my own blog I've managed to get a 220d E-Class AMG-Line from the Merc press fleet.

I'll try to remain impartial . . .

Do try out the different suspension settings. Id be interested in your findings.

Mercedes, great cars. Diabolical customer service, though. As am finding out at the moment. Grrr!

Customer service at the dealer or M-B head office?

Mercedes, great cars. Diabolical customer service, though. As am finding out at the moment. Grrr!

On the contrary.

They repainted my entire 100,000 mile 8 year old car under warranty including the plastics without quibble. Gave me a brand new B Class courtesy car for a total of 5 weeks (I delayed it that long, not them). Even replacing all chrome parts and badges for new items rather than sticking the old ones back on.

More recently took off all my locking wheel bolts as I've temporarily lost the key and replaced them with brand new standard bolts all without charge, oh and as much cappuccino and biscuits as I can consume on every occasion I've visited.

They even valeted it for free when I took it for it's MOT there.

So it really does depend on the encounter/dealership/customer.

All I can say is that Swindon Sytner and the CEO Mercedes UK/Customer service were not quite as amicable with me !!

They were quite wrong on many occasions and their reply was, in my opinion, as close as you can get with out saying 'F*** O**'.

As I say, great cars........

Perhaps it's just as well I won't be reviewing the dealerships then . . .

I suppose because there are different people at different dealerships then the level of service you get will be, well . . . different.

Can't the same be said for any manufacturer or are some much better than others at keeping staff "on message", so to speak?

Aye, I expect different manufacturers all have good and bad dealerships. That may vary, I guess, depending whether the delerships are franchised out or not.

Just my thought.

IMG_5717.JPG

So far, so good . . .

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5974.JPG

I've toned down the mood-lighting though . . .

Last edited:
Images not showing. You're logged into some service that we're not. :(

On the contrary.

They repainted my entire 100,000 mile 8 year old car under warranty including the plastics without quibble. Gave me a brand new B Class courtesy car for a total of 5 weeks (I delayed it that long, not them). Even replacing all chrome parts and badges for new items rather than sticking the old ones back on.

More recently took off all my locking wheel bolts as I've temporarily lost the key and replaced them with brand new standard bolts all without charge, oh and as much cappuccino and biscuits as I can consume on every occasion I've visited.

Would you mind mentioning the dealership you use?

On the contrary.

Which dealer? I've been to 4 dealerships for various matters, all have been terrible.

Which dealer? I've been to 4 dealerships for various matters, all have been terrible.

Dealer I used were great for the sale itself. Treated me seriously whereas competitors did not (Audi).

I was less impressed with the after care too. I would expect better for a car of that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom