getting a key coded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moss

Car
w208 clk 200
Ive just purchased my first merc, clk200 kompressor, lovely car, only one key though, i see plenty on ebay, can these be programmed either by professional or stealer :confused:

Ive just purchased my first merc, clk200 kompressor, lovely car, only one key though, i see plenty on ebay, can these be programmed either by professional or stealer :confused:

I'm also interested in this as my local MB Stealership quoted me £165 last week thats if I had the steel key piece or £185 complete form Germany, they also needed my chassis number, sight of V5 & proof of identity.

Dave

no. they are useless unless for the original car they were bought for.

The smartkeys on ebay are really only useful as replacement housings, but it really surprises me how much some of them sell for. :eek:

stay with the stealership when it comes to keys
Very true. The only exception being if you have an older vehicle with a traditional key with transponder, including the older Vito and Sprinter vans. In these cases it is well worth finding your local key cutter with transponder programming facilities as it would be significantly cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom