Ghost Courtesy Door Lights - Your Take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBDavinci

Car
ML350
Hi All,

I think I may not do this, as a little poncy, but they are fairly cheap and very easy to fit.

Install pics and video here:

2X Mercedes Benz W215 R300 R350 R500 R320 R400 W164 ML500 ML320 ML350 ML400 X164 GL Class LED car door projector Logo light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgUeqCDeGlg

What is your take on it and is it legal in the UK (all laws I read where for under carriage neon's.etc - these aren't on display when the doors are shut). Do they invalidate your insurance?

Seems like a little fun?

Personally, not a fan. But if you like it, why not.

Can't see why it would be illegal if only ever used when the car is parked-up? But don't know for fact.

Always notify your insurer... I had (normal) puddle lights retrofitted, and notified my insurer. They weren't really interested, but I declared it anyway.... always declare. :)

I couldn't get out of the car if people were around...

They're completely gross, vulgar and a load of other derogatory words. Taste only works when it's subtle and understated. Shouting "I've got a Mercedes" is the equivalent of "Fit but you know it". It'll change people's opinions of you from "Oh he's got a nice car" to "LMAO look at this tit".

Last edited:
I couldn't get out of the car if people were around...

They're completely gross, vulgar and a load of other derogatory words. Taste only works when it's subtle and understated. Shouting "I've got a Mercedes" is the equivalent of "Fit but you know it". It'll change people's opinions of you from "Oh he's got a nice car" to "LMAO look at this tit".

I take it not for you then?

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, not a fan. But if you like it, why not.

I take it not for you then?

Well look at how everyone teeters around the truth trying not to offend. The guy asked for other's opinions. There's your chance to be honest. :thumb:

I fitted these to my Lexus, and I have to say that I didn't get any adverse comments at all, not even sarcastic ones. Typical was 'that's a nice touch'.

I was given a lift last evening in a BMW GT, which had illuminated "BMW" on the cill plates, OE presumably. What's the difference?

ha ha - im all up for honesty - lol I even had similr thoughts hence my opener "I think they are a bit poncy" :p

But I was/am on the fence with them. Hardly anyone would see them, apart from the few seconds you get out at night.

Just THINKING about it and also weird hardly any UK stockiest (all from the US unless we call them something else.

They are only really useful if you have forgotten what car you are getting in and out of.

:) I think it's probably like my Pet Peeve of BMW X5 drivers that have a number plate with X5 in it, when theres a perectly good, chrome X5 badge on the back :p

I'm ambivalent. - I've seen them before; they're all over eBay from suppliers in China.

I'd prefer the two-colour version if I was going to fit them, but I'm not sure my wife wouldn't clip me around the ear for doing it.

If you want them, but are unsure what to say if asked about them, you could always say they were in the car when you bought it?

I'm ambivalent. - I've seen them before; they're all over eBay from suppliers in China.

I'd prefer the two-colour version if I was going to fit them, but I'm not sure my wife wouldn't clip me around the ear for doing it.

If you want them, but are unsure what to say if asked about them, you could always say they were in the car when you bought it?

Thanks - IF I did get them I wouldn't be embarrassed to say I got them :p

I put them on my Car , I'm so embarrassed now, myself and my passengers will enter and exit through an open window . :D

JuJust thought it could be smart to get custom text or a logo (footie team)

lol - well I am in my 20's - think I will pass.

Would of grown out of them either way :p

Had these on my ffrr and on a Range Rover they look right as it comes from factory. I'm unsure about other marques doing it without looking tacky.

I'd have to wear shorts and shave my balls then - no thanks :)

You don't, some women (or men) might prefer to see a scrotum au naturel. However I've got a friend who's active on Tinder, and he does say that a bit of manscaping is expected these days.

Just make sure you already have the wiring loom in your door i.e. you have existing lights that work because not all models are fitted with the wires even if they have the light fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom