GLC mysterious bongs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuonopepper

Car
GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
Had the GLC 2 weeks now and love it. Getting to grips with all the various tech etc and pretty much have it covered, however every so often I'll get 3 bongs going off, no messages anywhere and no idea what it is......anyone get any ideas?

Autonomous braking seeing an obstacle that you could crash into

tuonopepper said:
Had the GLC 2 weeks now and love it. Getting to grips with all the various tech etc and pretty much have it covered, however every so often I'll get 3 bongs going off, no messages anywhere and no idea what it is......anyone get any ideas?

Could be many things, is there a particular time or event that it happens? Can be anything from the key not detected which is a similar 3 tone noise, or the collision mitigation alert?

Lane Assist maybe. Try crossing a white line on purpose and listen.

Autonomous braking seeing an obstacle that you could crash into

You get a great big red triangle with that though, hard to miss. Lane Assist light is very descreet.

Rear seat belt warning?

It's collision prevention assist

Good job it is made so obvious that you are about to have a crash...

What does the manual say it is?

Could be blind spot detection, something in your blind spot and the car thinks you haven't noticed it when you flick your indicator on to intentionally move into the path of the approaching/adjacent vehicle.

It only beeps twice if you don't indicate, but move into the path of the approaching/adjacent vehicle

(or is the other way around... can't quite remember :) )

Bongs are different to warning beeps. I had bongs when I accidentally set some personal POIs in COMAND and drove near them.

You'll see a circular 'target' on your sat nav display near where you are. It's a possibility.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas!

Not seatbelts as can happen mid journey without anyone else in the car. Key is always in my pockets so unless its losing signal it isnt that. Dont have lane assist/BLIS so aint that. Nothing obvious in the manual but will be looking at collision assist as that may be looking favourite though its way overreacting if it is and no red triangle (which I get on the motorway occasionally when some goon pulls into the gap I've left). It did happen this AM as a car turned left at the lights in front of me but I really was nowhere near it (would have cleared the closest corner of it even if it would have come to an immediate stop) and no red triangle or auto braking. Will keep looking for common circumstances! Thanks.

Last edited:
Bongs are different to warning beeps. I had bongs when I accidentally set some personal POIs in COMAND and drove near them.

You'll see a circular 'target' on your sat nav display near where you are. It's a possibility.

Don't think I've set any of them yet but will check that just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom