Glovebox gadget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Is this a daft question?

What is the little removable gadget in the glovebox for? My last car didn't have one and I can't see anything in the handbook, could this be what is making my horn beep?:)

Is it RED.........(does it tick...??!!) :rolleyes:

Or is it the "Red Touch key"
MB manuals say:
The red touch key is for arming and disarming the alarm system and for programming new black touch keys.
This should be kept in a safe place, and not in the vehicle.

But..... there is also a black one too.......:p
"The black touch key is for disarming the alarm system and for fault diagnosis of the alarm system by your MB dealer"

Or ....... something else.....:confused:

It is about the size of a pack of cards with three slots with buttons next to them, similiar to a cassette or CD holder but much smaller, sits in a special bracket on the top of the glovebox interior and pulls out.

Does'nt leave much room for my leather driving gloves.:p

2nd idea.......
does it hold the "Radio Code Card"......:)

thats all from me.......

Credit card/biz card holder???

YAY , im glad i got rid of that piece of nonsence ages ago. ITs supposed to be for credit/fuel cards , but , who's going to leave those in your car to allow the person that steals your car to steal fuel too ?:devil:

Yup... The dreaded credit card holder :mad: I have one of these totally useless contraptions too. It just about makes the minute glove compartment a total write-off of useful space. I use the centre console.

Remember the TARDIS from Dr. Who? The W202 glove compartment is the exact opposite... Smaller on the inside than it is on the out :p

S.

I thought of a credit card holder but then thought........nah nobody would leave their cards in the car...........would they??

So is there a key holder too?:p

jimmy said:
It is about the size of a pack of cards with three slots with buttons next to them, similiar to a cassette or CD holder but much smaller, sits in a special bracket on the top of the glovebox interior and pulls out.

Does'nt leave much room for my leather driving gloves.:p

Wifey's R Reg C180 has got a 'funny thing', we were told it was for mini CDs.

Have sold a few before.
One customer said its ideal, leaves his company fuel card in there, club card and nectar point cards.

But i could see myself leavin the cards in there and once getting to the checkout realising!

its a credit card holder but it just pulls out if you dont want it in there.

Steve_Perry said:
Remember the TARDIS from Dr. Who? The W202 glove compartment is the exact opposite... Smaller on the inside than it is on the out :p
The stupid thing is, take the lining out of the glovebox and there is a stupid amount of space back there! No idea why they made the glovebox so small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom