Going on Holidays!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
Hey everyone, it's been a while I posted here so I hope everyone is doing well :)

I need some advice with regards to what needs to be done Parking my Mercedes while I am away on holidays for more than a month (out of country)?

It's not that this is the first time I am going on holidays out of the country, I have been out of the country so many times the difference being I am now a proud owner of a Merc while in past I had a Honda Civic. With my Civic I use to pull the plugs off my battery before leaving, wrap them with a tape and then when I use to come back connect it to the terminals and it use to start right away. I don't know if I should do the same with my Merc? I am afriad if I do that then it may cause some internal electronics issue and may reset all my mileage settings etc. What you guys do normally in this situation? I am also a bit worried that my car will be parked outside in our Flats parking area which is not gated. Though it's a very safe area but you never know.

Please advise.

I'm not sure that starving a modern car of battery for a month is a good idea.

Hey everyone, it's been a while I posted here so I hope everyone is doing well :)

I need some advice with regards to what needs to be done Parking my Mercedes while I am away on holidays for more than a month (out of country)?

It's not that this is the first time I am going on holidays out of the country, I have been out of the country so many times the difference being I am now a proud owner of a Merc while in past I had a Honda Civic. With my Civic I use to pull the plugs off my battery before leaving, wrap them with a tape and then when I use to come back connect it to the terminals and it use to start right away. I don't know if I should do the same with my Merc? I am afriad if I do that then it may cause some internal electronics issue and may reset all my mileage settings etc. What you guys do normally in this situation? I am also a bit worried that my car will be parked outside in our Flats parking area which is not gated. Though it's a very safe area but you never know.

Please advise.

We've always just left em as it is and hoped for the best. Now had any issues so far

If your battery is in good condition, and there are no unusual drains on the system, it should last a month. Leave it in gear and the handbrake off if it's safe to do so. Have a great hols!

If your battery is in good condition, and there are no unusual drains on the system, it should last a month. Leave it in gear and the handbrake off if it's safe to do so. Have a great hols!

Thank you guys!

I was also thinking the same that I should leave the battery connected.

Sorry captain what do you mean by leaving it in gear? you mean in D? I normally put it in P before turning off ignition.

We left our cars (2010 VW Golf TDI and 2008 SLK 200) on the drive for six weeks when went to Australia in March 2014. Neither gave us any problems on our return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom