Going uphill, strange noise and then POP! and all OK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
Hi,

I hope I can explain what happens to my W203:

Sometimes, when accelerating uphill (doesn't have to be too steep) my engine goes rough, kind of looses power, and then something POPS on the left hand side (i can't better describe that, could record sound if needs be) and then back to normal.

Happened few times already... but not always. When I went to see car mechanic, no problems and nothing unusual on star.

Any idea what that could be? Btw, I have this intermittent problem with my car and every so often it runs great, feels nippy and everything like merc but sometimes is soo rough etc that I'm not happy with it.
And no one can really tell me what's wrong?
I'm thinking about buying BMW 5 or 7 next year.

Many thanks!
Chris

Last edited:
Doesn't sound familiar to any known problems?
:(

I'm more and more disappointed with my Merc. I had less problems with my Mondeo tbh. :(

Btw, Last time I went to car garage, I had replaced accelerator pedal (£150) and there was nothing to suggest any problems with my car. So should I start replacing parts at random and hope that I will get right part replaced?

Many thanks for reading :)

btw, shame I'm not going to Portsmouth anytime soon, would be good to have Olly to have a look.

Cheers
Chris

Yes, apparently no error codes.
I'm worried. And what I don't like about my car is that driving experience is not consistent.
One day is nippy etc and the next day is rough as...

btw, I will be spending a week in Farnborough so on my way back I could possibly pop in (that would be Fri, 5.11) but don't know what time yet.

Many thanks!
Chris

Last edited:
Misfire followed by a backfire. I'd suspect ignition - the spark dies under load, timing or MAF

Nick Froome

Many thanks!

Maf I could replace at home - right?

Don't know what to do about timing and how much it would cost :(

Many thanks!
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom