Good afternoon from a newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoleDriver

Car
R320
Hi! I've just bought a 2006 R320CDi. My first foray into the MB world! :)

I got it for a reasonable price as there were obviously a few issues with bodywork (being sorted) but I do have a couple of small queries.

The aircon controls... The driver's side one works fine, the red LED circle lights up or off as the control is moved but the passenger one is stuck at the bottom end and skips up a couple of LEDs when the control is being turned but drops straight back to zero when you stop turning. Hardware or software?

There was no CD in the Nav slot, just an empty CD box in the glove compartment. Do I really have to pay £100+ for a new CD?

There was no owner's handbook in the documentation, the only ones I've been able to find on t'internet are for North American cars. Is there a source in UK?

North American handbooks will be essentially the same as the EU versions.

I would have thought the Nav would use DVD rather than CD. Is there a separate Nav drive in the boot area, usually in the nearside wing area behind the trim panel.

Can the A/C be set to single zone as opposed to dual? In which case the passenger dial would be inoperative.

Thanks for the response

Sorry I meant DVD... or just 'DISK' There is supposed to be one in the slot above the radio/GPS screen, there isn't!

I've tried the Aircon in separate and follow modes, when the two sides follow each other, what should the LED ring on the passenger side do?

I wasn't sure if the handbooks were that similar, there's a lot of things which don't tie up and there are differences shown in the North American one for USA and Canada!

Here are a couple of user manuals

MERCEDES BENZ R-CLASS OWNERS MANUAL HANDBOOK 2006 2009

Mercedes Benz R Class Owners Manual Handbook Wallet 2006 - 2011 sat nag comand | eBay

I would have thought the slot in your Comand above the radio was for playing CD's/DVD's, not for the navigation but I'm ready to be shot down for that. Too many variations for me to understand them all:doh:

Do you have any mapping when you turn on the sat nav? If you have, that might explain why the nav CD/DVD box was empty. Its already in use.

Unfortunately the latest map discs aren't cheap. Possibly best ask on the forum if anyone has a genuine disc for sale for your model. Failing that, the bay of fleas again.

Cheers! I must have missed that manual, it's mine now!
The single slot above the screen is for the Comand navigator disk, there is a multiplayer in the glovebox for music!

Good first week

Well, that wasn't a bad week!
I fixed the aircon control problem, just needed a bit of cleaning and realigning of the rotary switch mechanism.
Manage to find a rear cargo cover.
Bought a 'genuine' disk for the SatNav (all working, but I think I'll stick to TomTom!)
Bought an owner's manual!
Non-working foglights next! :)

Well, that wasn't a bad week!
I fixed the aircon control problem, just needed a bit of cleaning and realigning of the rotary switch mechanism.
Manage to find a rear cargo cover.
Bought a 'genuine' disk for the SatNav (all working, but I think I'll stick to TomTom!)
Bought an owner's manual!
Non-working foglights next! :)

Excellent.

I assume you're the PoleDriver from PH?

I am! (He said carefully!)

Welcome and nice car :)

FWIW I'm AC43 over there.

Anyway, this site is full of useful and often very detailed advice from great people who know their Mercs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom