Good evening ladies & gents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
1991 Mercedes W124 E230 Automatic
Hi guys, I've just joined the forum after aquiring a car I NEVER thought I'd be driving :D

My names Andy (chocolate_o_brian on Scoobynet and 205gtidrivers.com) and I've just bought a J plate 1992 W124 E230 atuo. Lovely car in like a maroon colour?

Anywho, I intend to keep it until the end of the year at least so thought I'd do a search for respectable forums ;)

Er, that's about it really. I'm a bloke, like cars and bewbies...

Andy :D

Hi there Andy and welcome,I believe your 124 ownership might just be much longer

Hi there Andy and welcome,I believe your 124 ownership might just be much longer

:D If she's as reliable as I've heard these can be, that may well be true.

The one thing I don't get is the light switch and all the options. Are the front fogs built into the main headlamp assembly on the inside? And these weird parking lights :eek:

Never had so many light options! Dipped or main is the usual :bannana:

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb:
Terry

Hello Andy
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

:D If she's as reliable as I've heard these can be, that may well be true.

The one thing I don't get is the light switch and all the options. Are the front fogs built into the main headlamp assembly on the inside? And these weird parking lights :eek:

Never had so many light options! Dipped or main is the usual :bannana:

Yes they are (built-in) and the parking lights just let you one side light on in situations where that might be helpful.

Wonderful lack of rust for its age, I imagine :thumb:

Jon

Welcome Andy!

Hi & welcome to the forum:thumb:

Er, that's about it really. I'm a bloke, like cars and bewbies...

Not seen that spelling before, but I think I like those too!!

Welcome to the forum.

PS Just Googled before submitting. Yes I do like them.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah she is in generally very good condition, 3 previous owners and 141k on the clock. I have heard the W124 engine won awards for its reliability and did a lot of research on common faults before punting for it.

Situation leading upto buying it was as follows...

Had a little Peugeot 106 as a work cart. Some gentleman of Turkish descent crashed into me after pulling out a give way junction. Car was a write off and the inspection engineer offered me £950 for it :rock: RESULT!

So as Mrs is currently expecting our first child (now 4 days overdue) I was looking for 4 doors and comfy. Mondeos, 406s, even Saabs... but then this wildcard came up for sale via my old insurers father on Scoobynet, for the price I bit his hand off. 500 miles round trip like, but the car drove faultlessly on the way home.:thumb:

Blimey, regonize your name from Scoobynet! Welcome to Mercs, the W124 is a fine engineered car, saw the ad on SN, bargain price. Enjoy.

Blimey, regonize your name from Scoobynet! Welcome to Mercs, the W124 is a fine engineered car, saw the ad on SN, bargain price. Enjoy.

Why thank you good sir. Amazing how we all get about. I know a few lads off Scoobynet who frequented the 205gtidriver.com forums too :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom