Good news for new GLA45 and CLA45 buyers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They need to be a little bit careful with the power and performance of these lower level AMG models, the V8's need to be the flagship models.

Audi have just released the RS3 which is quicker than an R8 V8, it creates a bit of a marketing issue.

Hi,
Yes - Audi certainly have a bit of an identity crisis.
However - there is a world of difference (especially in build quality) between an A45 and an E63, for instance.
Before we bought our ML63 we test drove a CLA45 and it seemed very playstation and a bit plasticky - although the performance, handling and price were great.
Cheers
Steve

I've ordered the 2016 model. Should be able to pick it up around October. My first Mercedes and first AMG.

They need to be a little bit careful with the power and performance of these lower level AMG models, the V8's need to be the flagship models.

Audi have just released the RS3 which is quicker than an R8 V8, it creates a bit of a marketing issue.

But they are killing off the V8's so want the smaller engined models to have more appeal, to keep hold of the V8 customers.

But they are killing off the V8's so want the smaller engined models to have more appeal, to keep hold of the V8 customers.

I'm not sure they are killing them off, the new C63 is a V8.

What they are doing is reducing capacity to under 4000cc so it's dips under the punitive import tax levy in China, which is a vast Market for them and also the reason future Aston Martins will be using AMG V8's of 3999cc and lower.

What they are doing is reducing capacity to under 4000cc so it's dips under the punitive import tax levy in China, which is a vast Market for them and also the reason future Aston Martins will be using AMG V8's of 3999cc and lower.

Yes - we test drove a Cayenne GTS last year - that had the NA 4.8 litre V8 engine - sounded awesome, especially when you pressed the special exhaust button that opens an exhaust flap.
The Cayenne has just been updated and now runs a 3.6 litre twin turbo - which is more powerful than the V8 but less characterful!
Cheers
Steve

Agreed. They're definitely not killing the V8's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom