Good timing- not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
Well done the Palace/ Government
Here we are in the middle of children in need, Brexit, plus half the Country is up to it's ears in debt, the Palace is going to do a 365 million pound refurbishment with tax payers Money.....keep your answers if any, without swearing as this is being copied and going to the establishment/ Palace.

Well done the Palace/ Government
Here we are in the middle of children in need, Brexit, plus half the Country is up to it's ears in debt, the Palace is going to do a 365 million pound refurbishment with tax payers Money.....keep your answers if any, without swearing as this is being copied and going to the establishment/ Palace.

Yep. Just as angry as you Brian. Utter madness. It's a facade that palace. Falling to bits.

P.S. Ignore all the negative people. We're enjoying Children In Need tonight. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely cheaper to knock it down and rebuild it. I'm not anti royalist, but the Queen could afford this and the taxpayer shouldn't be footing the bill in times of austerity. Its just rubbing your nose in it to me.

"The British monarchy has a total net worth of £58.4bn (€74.1bn; $83.8bn), according to a report."

With only £58bn to her name you can see why she needed the taxpayer to cough up £370m to redo her 175 room mansion.

It frustrates me when people accuse the royalty of taking from the government when, in fact, there is a net contribution. If you read this you'll realise that the queen pays more into the government than the royal family takes out. :wallbash:

My own house is falling apart. Who in government, do I speak to about getting my fellow citizens to pay for a spruce up?
The Government just take Bruce, you could try the PM but it would be a short term loan with a Long term pay back....:bannana:

It frustrates me when people accuse the royalty of taking from the government when, in fact, there is a net contribution. If you read this you'll realise that the queen pays more into the government than the royal family takes out. :wallbash:
perhaps since HRH was taxed, she then opened her palace to her public and charged them an entrance fee.

I'm here to do the Queens hair.

Have you got a permit?

No, she just wants a shampoo and set.

nick mercedes;2383109With only £58bn to her name you can see why she needed the taxpayer to cough up £370m to redo her 175 room mansion.[/QUOTE said:
775 rooms in all and the palace contains over 100 miles of electrical cable.

Time to send them back to Germany?

"Here is an urgent update on Austerity Britain.

The NHS is collapsing, councils are decimating all services to stave off bankruptcy, our streets teem with homeless youngsters and thousands of families eat from food banks.

Yet the richest family in the land, with a collective personal wealth running into many billions, feels comfortable handing us a £369million bill to tart up one of their houses, knowing our fawning politicians will pay it.

It’s nothing new. Prince Charles rakes in £20m a year, yet when he moved into Clarence House after the Queen Mum’s death, the taxpayer handed him £4.5m to bring it up to his desired standards.

Every year we hear it only costs the price of a loaf per person to fund them, cleverly hiding items like lost tax revenue, travel and security which takes the real annual figure to £330m."

"They are the kings and queens of Benefits Street yet it’s heresy to call them scroungers.

They claim to be modernising, but where is their down-sizing? Why don’t they flog the odd art work or estate to help pay for their soaring upkeep or open some of their other palaces to the public?

Why can’t The Queen live in nearby Windsor castle and turn Buck House into a full-time tourist attraction?

Why didn’t they, like you or me, stay on top of repairs on their home? Why? Because they know when to tell us taxpayers that a problem is ours, not theirs. When it costs money.

Gawd bless ‘em."

Taxpayers spend £369million on Buckingham Palace refurbishment while the NHS collapses - Brian Reade - Mirror Online

"The British monarchy has a total net worth of £58.4bn (€74.1bn; $83.8bn), according to a report."

With only £58bn to her name you can see why she needed the taxpayer to cough up £370m to redo her 175 room mansion.

It's not really hers though, is it?

It's not as if she can sell the place to developers take the money and move elsewhere....

I think it's only fair that the public participates in the cost of the upkeep.

Money, over 10 year, well spent.

Since the majority of the money spent will be on wages I doubt the trades will mind...but think of the benefits the feckless could be given...

Why ?
Queen was born in London as were her children as far as I know, Prince Phillip is from Greece....
:dk:

The Nazis checked three generations.... no wonder Powell's followers go further back... this sounds like a parody on xenophobia.

It's not really hers though, is it?

How so?

It's not as if she can sell the place to developers take the money and move elsewhere....

Why not? - that's what happens to ordinary Londoners, booted out of their council flats so that some well connected developer can build flats for minted up foreign criminals not to live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom