Goodbye e coupe.......hello dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All the best with the new car and a shame that Mercedes has not been able to resolve the issues and have driven you away.

I quite like the X6 and recently recommended one to a friend as its more interesting than an X5 or a 5 series and he does not need 5 seats and has a 3 series coupe at the moment.

I would have also considered the Porsche Cayenne, the new one is lovely.

I'd like to know more about the E class coupe problems if you don't mind sharing seeing as I am contemplating one and my alternative is also BMW.

I am starting to get a little nervous already from the research i'm doing and the warranty work percentages on these cars and the 212 much higher than I would expect.

All info very much appreciated gents :thumb:

HI.

Glad theres some positive thoughts about X6 - enjoying it a lot so far - seems solid build quality and i seem to be gelling with the car...something that never quite happended with the e coupe.

Some pics enclosed - from BMW site - its been pouring so no chance to take my own pics yet.

As for issues asked by someone..all cars can have issues, i think it depends on dealers/manufactureres ability to solve them.
A brief list

1 > Steering pump replaced when only 1 week old
2 > PArt of A/c Switched off awaiting software update(which never arrived) - its the de-condensation after car swiatched off- was steaming the windows
3 > Wind noise & rattle from drivers window - never fixed despite 6 attempts
4 > Rattly engine when cold - when first took to dealer was told i may have put in contaminated fuel??? When i pushed they eventually admitted problem- took 6months for software fix and recently worsening again.
5 > Harman KArdon Sub rattling with any bass - was told it was normal when bass turned up - in a £700 option hi fi :eek:!!!!!!! Did a temp fix myself.
6 > Command surround rattling - in 5-6 times- never fixed properly

It was a great car but i don`t think Mercedes are quite there in their quest to regain build quality and no-where close for dealer service.

Attachments

• dia.jpg
    dia.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 118
  • media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 115
Sorry to have missed out on the lead up to this thread, but I am also interested in what problems you had with the new e-class coupe? I thought MB had largely put their house in order regarding reliability and build quality. Is that not really the case?

Sorry to have missed out on the lead up to this thread, but I am also interested in what problems you had with the new e-class coupe? I thought MB had largely put their house in order regarding reliability and build quality. Is that not really the case?

No. My CLS is almost a year old and whilst it has been reliable I just dont feel happy that I have got good value for money :( There are numerous rattles, knocks and buzzing noises in the cabin and the gearbox delay drives me up the wall :mad:. Its in for its 1st service next Thursday and they (the stealers) say that there may be a software update that will address the problem, they are also going to try to fix the rattles. It was going to be a car that I would keep for years, at £54000 it should have been up to the job IMO, but we'll see. My wifes BMW on the other hand has been faultless over the past 2 years. Sorry to say but this may be my last Mercedes if they can't resolve my problems. I've booked in for the new CLS preview later this month and I'll be raising my concerns there (not that they'll be interested but at least I can have my say) :(

Just priced up an X6 on the BMW site and got to £64k. Very nice spec though and a lot of options I would have loved on the E but weren't available (side view cameras, HUD, pre-heater function).

I could seriously be tempted when I am fed up of the E350.

64k.. id get a s500 or a second hand 216 CL600 but a silly x bmw. lmao

I recently saw an X6 in Alpine White and it totally makes you have a second look at it whether in awe or disgust...!!!

I like the way it looks personally.

The X6....

Almost no off road ability on the tyres it comes with

Cramped in the back for anyone over 6ft tall

Only 4 seats

Poor bootspace

Expensive for what it is

Gangsta image

Not a patch on a Range Rover.

But each to their own so you deserve to enjoy it, its your money and choice.

64k.. id get a s500 or a second hand 216 CL600 but a silly x bmw. lmao

You really do give Merc owners a bad reputation. Sort yourself out a bit.

Lovely interior colours, love the red seats, BMW do know how to make a sumptious cabin

Lovely interior colours, love the red seats, BMW do know how to make a sumptious cabin

That's where it comes down to personal taste.

From my early years to now, I just can't get on with the looks of a BMW. I understand how they are the 'ultimate driving machine' :crazy: but I simply can't get on with the looks.

I think it all started with that swing-o-meter mpg gauge under the speedo. :crazy:

Agreed.

When I read this I was amazed.......

The thing I don't like about BMW's is I find all their interiors (dash and switch gear mainly) a bit cheap looking - seems like they are still using the buttons from 10 years ago.

F10official_10.jpg

BMW interiors at the moment are superb.
The 5 series, X5, 5GT, X6, 7 series are just in a different league compared with everyone else.
The materials they use, the colour schemes available, the gadgets, they just make the rest seem very dated and flimsy imho.

The new 5 series is amazing interior wise, and the 8 speed auto and 2.0d diesel is a dream to use with a proper 40+ round town and mid 50's on a run without taking it easy.

Even the design is a lot more luxurious this time round, it actually make the W212 look a bit brash.

You really do give Merc owners a bad reputation. Sort yourself out a bit.

lol... do you want to come sort me out?..
bmws are just lesser in everyway.. im just a benz fan who owns and drives 4 mercedes(will be 5 soon:) ) on the MB club not BM club :doh::doh::doh::doh:

lol... do you want to come sort me out?..

What's that mean to mean?

What you thinking?? Pistols at dawn or something?? :doh:

bmws are just lesser in everyway..

You're just so ignorant.

im just a benz fan who owns and drives 4 mercedes(will be 5 soon:) ) on the MB club not BM club :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Don't come in the "other marques' section and be so bloody rude to people then.
Stick in the MB section with your box of kleenex and keep your mouth shut if you're just going to insult people.

There is being a fan of something and there is being an asshole to people. Try and learn the difference.

Edit: This is a thread where someone shows of their new pride and joy, an X6 and you come out with.....

.........a silly x bmw. lmao

There is no need, and it just makes you look a ****, and what's worse it makes Merc owners in general look dicks to others looking in on the forum, it isn't the view of most on here, just a handle full of nob jockies.

I don't see why you would buy 5 old (and they are old not classic) Mercedes, none of which are exclusive, desirable, must have cars, but I don't start taking the piss out of you for it. Things I am ignorant of I keep quiet on.

Last edited:
Gizze, which one is that you have pictured?

I'm not so keen on the E60 interior (I'm preferring the A6 at the moment) but that looks much more to my liking.

I do, however, fail to see the point of the X6 over an X5...almost like the Tardis but in reverse. But it's making the OP happy, and that is paramount.

Last edited:
Gizze, which one is that you have pictured?

I'm not so keen on the E60 interior (I'm preferring the A6 at the moment) but that looks much more to my liking.

That is the new F10 5 series.

After talking about it today my old man took out a 520d touring and an E250cdi estate, and he took the BMW back 5 minutes into his hour test drive! :eek:

And put a deposit down on it! :D

Picks it up next week.

My last car was an A6, 3.2fsi Quattro avant, and have to admit the interior was nice.

A6_interior_2.jpg

However, mine was not an S-Line so didn't have S-Line seats and they were so uncomfortable. I had to buy a pair of sport seats, it was either that or sell the car.

Far more comfy and supportive, but compared to the sport seats in the 3 series before still pants..

a6sportseats.jpg

Indeed, what I have in mind is a 3.0TDI LeMans, so S-Line interior with comfy seats. E90 is too cramped for me, and E39 is too long in the tooth now (plus already been there!). Guess I'll have to wait for an F10.

After talking about it today my old man took out a 520d touring and an E250cdi estate, and he took the BMW back 5 minutes into his hour test drive! :eek:

And put a deposit down on it! :D

Picks it up next week.

No offence buddy but you do sing your own praises about BMW's allot on here, in fact whenever you have the chance to boast about them you do so, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this, nothing wrong with BM's, I've had one myself as they are nice cars but you're on an MB forum...

No matter what you say on here people tend to prefer Mercedes over BMW's that's why they are here! Stating the obvious, lol.:)

I do like BMW's but only the M3's, not a big fan of the other models, although the new F10 is really nice car..:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom