Goodbye e coupe.......hello dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I usually mention them on threads where they are being discussed, and when people talk crap about them, BMW's are damned good cars, but when I hear things like 'M3's are only good on a track' etc. I feel the need to say something, as the person asking is usually being given advice by someone who hasn't even lived with one.

I have no problem with people preferring a brand, and voicing it, but I do think being rude about someones choice is a completely different matter. I guess if Sonny wasn't so rude it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

My old man loved the W212 estate, and was set on getting an E350cdi, but he was blown away by the 520d, even though he nearly didn't take it out as he was only considering a 530d.

Indeed, what I have in mind is a 3.0TDI LeMans, so S-Line interior with comfy seats. E90 is too cramped for me, and E39 is too long in the tooth now (plus already been there!). Guess I'll have to wait for an F10.

I bought the Quattro as I wanted 4wd but not an 'jeep' style car, and it was the only estate that I really fancied, I am sure the Forester's etc. are great but they don't float my boat.
If Mercedes offered an E350 4Matic over here I would love one, but it is only Audi, hence the A6.
I had it a year and it did a job, but I never really enjoyed driving it like I did with my 5 series or E Class. I have done 1100 miles in the E320cdi this week, and 3000 miles in the last 2 weeks, but I will still take the dog over to the coast tomorrow so I can go out for a drive, which is around 85 miles all round.
That is not something I would ever do in the A6, it was a tool and nothing more.

I bought the Quattro as I wanted 4wd but not an 'jeep' style car, and it was the only estate that I really fancied, I am sure the Forester's etc. are great but they don't float my boat.
If Mercedes offered an E350 4Matic over here I would love one, but it is only Audi, hence the A6.
I had it a year and it did a job, but I never really enjoyed driving it like I did with my 5 series or E Class. I have done 1100 miles in the E320cdi this week, and 3000 miles in the last 2 weeks, but I will still take the dog over to the coast tomorrow so I can go out for a drive, which is around 85 miles all round.
That is not something I would ever do in the A6, it was a tool and nothing more.

I gave Audi serious consideration because of the Quattro, and was VERY close to ordering, but was put off by a p*ss poor dealership who made it clear they didn't need my business despite me looking to place a £50k order.

It is a shame that MB don't offer 4Matic on the E series as I would have added the option in an instant. I did read in AutoExpress recently that BMW have decided to offer their 4WD system on their non-X models in the UK as a result of the poor winters recently and that MB were considerign following, so maybe by next winter there will be a 4Matic version out.

I gave Audi serious consideration because of the Quattro, and was VERY close to ordering, but was put off by a p*ss poor dealership who made it clear they didn't need my business despite me looking to place a £50k order.

So you live in Norfolk too then??

Or is that just a national Audi policy?? :D

I don't see why you would buy 5 old (and they are old not classic) Mercedes, none of which are exclusive, desirable, must have cars, but I don't start taking the piss out of you for it. Things I am ignorant of I keep quiet on.

sorry??? you dont like the 202 210 208 or 203.. and you say none of them are desirable...... wow just wow, what a douch bag you are... so to you only new expensive benzes are desirable(i was 19 when i had my 210 202 and 208 what did you have at 19), you my friend have just offended a lot of people.. in one silly sentence. id take a 190e 1.8( or a 124 E200 both real cars) over any silly audi you where stupid enough to own.... age and price dont mean anything. your not a benz fan... your a snob. your views and comments now mean nothing, now you have just expressed your true feelings for such great cars, how silly you are.. go sell your benz get a bmw you deserve one..

sorry i had to edit this gizzie mercedes do you have?????? i cant find pictures of it anywhere..

So you live in Norfolk too then??

Or is that just a national Audi policy?? :D

Gilders in Sheffield. Very arrogant to the point of being rude!

I heard through someone who knew the dealer principal that this happens a lot as they are so busy they can't give everyone the service they would like to. A weak excuse IMO.

My £50k and me went to MB and here we are! I was half tempted to drive up to Audi with the E350 and make a scene but it wasn't worth the effort - they probably wouldn't have been bothered.

Last edited:
sorry??? you dont like the 202 210 208 or 203.. and you say none of them are desirable...... wow just wow, what a douch bag you are... so to you only new expensive benzes are desirable(i was 19 when i had my 210 202 and 208 what did you have at 19), you my friend have just offended a lot of people.. in one silly sentence.

I didn't say only new an expensive 'Benzes' are desirable at all.

My point was I can understand the guy that has 5 classic cars on his drive, and they don't have to be expensive, or the guy who has 5 AMG's or whatever floats his boat.
I don't however understand why anyone would want an E240, C180 and a C240 on their drive, the CLK230K makes more sense.

But maybe number 5 is going to be the winner?? The one that makes me understand it all.

I loved my W202 C180 saloon, and my W202 C220cdi estate, my E210 E320 V6 was a peach too.
But there is a reason I don't have them all sat there now, because things have moved on as far as I am concerned, great in their day, and maybe one day if I win the lottery I will buy them again to keep in my dream garage along with the SLS and CL65.

I am not saying you're wrong, all I am saying is I don't get it with those cars, but I don't jump in and start to take the piss out of you for your choice that's all.

id take a 190e 1.8( or a 124 E200 both real cars) over any silly audi you where stupid enough to own.... age and price dont mean anything. your not a benz fan... your a snob. your views and comments now mean nothing, now you have just expressed your true feelings for such great cars, how silly you are.. go sell your benz get a bmw you deserve one..

I think that sums you up pretty well and what I was trying to say, so thanks for that, you made not replying so very easy.

sorry i had to edit this gizzie mercedes do you have?????? i cant find pictures of it anywhere..

Currently a W211 E320cdi Estate.

I took a pic on my phone the other day, I will upload it for you now. :p

Gilders in Sheffield. Very arrogant to the point of being rude!

I heard through someone who knew the dealer principal that this happens a lot as they are so busy they can't give everyone the service they would like to. A weak excuse IMO.

My £50k and me went to MB and here we are! I was half tempted to drive up to Audi with the E350 and make a scene but it wasn't worth the effort - they probably wouldn't have been bothered.

I just had a customer in my place who wanted to swap his 2007 Q7 for a new one, he went into Norwich Audi on Sunday, 3 staff, 1 other customer and was ignored for 30 minutes.
His wife made him leave and insisted he didn't ever give them any business again.
A simple 'Hello' and being polite shouldn't be too hard when your in the sales industry, and I am hearing this more and more about Audi dealers at the moment, they need to be very careful.

E320cdi.jpg

There you go Sonny, just for you.
Did you think I didn't even own a Merc or something? Maybe I was just pretending so I could hang out on here and envelope myself in your warm banter. ;)

That's fine as it would be exactly that, I just want something quiet, comfy and pleasant to ferry me about. If I want enjoyment I'll drive the SL or take the Ducati.

The other win factor is the quattro (with snow tyres/chains) - my dad lives 3000 feet up in the hills of Emilia Romagna, and in the winter they get proper snow!

In the snow it was great, I had Dunlop Winter Sports on which are a Mud + Snow tyre and it just took on everything, and that I miss.

Do take one out for a day, try and get it on an overnight test drive, the steering is woeful on them, and that was what made me get rid of it in the end, when every review mentions lack of steering you think they are being picky............they're not!

I just had a customer in my place who wanted to swap his 2007 Q7 for a new one, he went into Norwich Audi on Sunday, 3 staff, 1 other customer and was ignored for 30 minutes.
His wife made him leave and insisted he didn't ever give them any business again.
A simple 'Hello' and being polite shouldn't be too hard when your in the sales industry, and I am hearing this more and more about Audi dealers at the moment, they need to be very careful.

I arranged a test drive after already having been down to look around the showroom. A specific time arranged in advance. However when I got there the salesman was apparently busy with someone else and I was simply handed the keys and pointed at the car - told to be back in an hour.

An hour later I returned - a specific and know time - to be told the salesman had gone out on a test drive with another customer.

I was ready to discuss ordering when I got back but he couldn't be bothered to wait for me despite me having arranged it and my return being a known time.

My wife made our annoyance very clear to the staff there.

No apology. He called me about 6 hours later with some excuse that a long-time customer had come in and wanted to test drive a car so he went out with him. He was actually surprised that I didn't wait for him to return when he didn't wait for me.

Gave him a chance to price a car up for me to see if he would redeem himself with a good deal, and he emailed me a price £5k higher than list! He must have been stupid to think I'd not spot it.

His arrogance on the phone was astounding.

I had not been to the MB dealer at this point and probably would have ordered the Audi. Next stop was MB and I was treated how I would expect to be, despite me turning up dressed on the scruffy side of smart casual.

E320cdi.jpg

There you go Sonny, just for you.
Did you think I didn't even own a Merc or something? Maybe I was just pretending so I could hang out on here and envelope myself in your warm banter. ;)

yep thanks for doing what i say... now sell it and get a bmw... you dont dont deserve it lmao.. and to awnser your other stupid question, i use the 210, partners is the 203, brothers using the 202 when hes back from the marines and the 208 has to go for a CL500 215 or to fund my V8 conversion on my 210. i say again im a real merc fan as where you see a "old clk230" or a "old e240" i see a mercedes. now be a good little boy and get that 211 sold there a ChavMW just screaming out for you ;)

Last edited:
yep thanks for doing what i say... Now sell it and get a bmw... You dont dont deserve it lmao

.. And to awnser your other stupid question,

i use the 210 partner, the 203 brothers using the 202 when hes backfrom the marines and the 208 has to go for a cl500 215 or to fund my v8 conversion on my 210.

I say again im a real merc fan as where you see a "old clk230" or a "old e240" i see a mercedes.

Now be a good little boy and get that 211 sold there a chavmw just screemign out with you name on it

Sonny, all I have said is you come across as an extremely rude and ignorant individual.

Keep posting as you just back up what I have said more and more with every post.

Last edited:
I arranged a test drive after already having been down to look around the showroom. A specific time arranged in advance. However when I got there the salesman was apparently busy with someone else and I was simply handed the keys and pointed at the car - told to be back in an hour.

An hour later I returned - a specific and know time - to be told the salesman had gone out on a test drive with another customer.

I was ready to discuss ordering when I got back but he couldn't be bothered to wait for me despite me having arranged it and my return being a known time.

My wife made our annoyance very clear to the staff there.

No apology. He called me about 6 hours later with some excuse that a long-time customer had come in and wanted to test drive a car so he went out with him. He was actually surprised that I didn't wait for him to return when he didn't wait for me.

Gave him a chance to price a car up for me to see if he would redeem himself with a good deal, and he emailed me a price £5k higher than list! He must have been stupid to think I'd not spot it.

His arrogance on the phone was astounding.

I had not been to the MB dealer at this point and probably would have ordered the Audi. Next stop was MB and I was treated how I would expect to be, despite me turning up dressed on the scruffy side of smart casual.

I have had the same thing a few years back with Audi, tried to buy an allroad they had on their forecourt, went in on the Sarurday, all busy, said I wanted it and will someone call me. No call.
Went in the next day, couldn't do anything on a Sunday but would call first thing Monday, seemed strange but ho hum.
No call Monday.
None of my calls returned on the Tuesday.
Went in on Wednesday and ........they had transferred it to Colchester!! :wallbash:

I have had the same thing a few years back with Audi, tried to buy an allroad they had on their forecourt, went in on the Sarurday, all busy, said I wanted it and will someone call me. No call.
Went in the next day, couldn't do anything on a Sunday but would call first thing Monday, seemed strange but ho hum.
No call Monday.
None of my calls returned on the Tuesday.
Went in on Wednesday and ........they had transferred it to Colchester!! :wallbash:

colchester essex chavdonia.. where audis run free and wild :thumb: sold your 211 yet ;)

Maybe not X6,but that did happen with an X5.When realised who they`re dealing with,left the car there and leged it
Previously working in Kosovo and Albania, at the time it was the S Class that all strived for :) Good or Bad!!!

And for 500 euro people like " Sonny " would go missing :)

In the snow it was great, I had Dunlop Winter Sports on which are a Mud + Snow tyre and it just took on everything, and that I miss.

Do take one out for a day, try and get it on an overnight test drive, the steering is woeful on them, and that was what made me get rid of it in the end, when every review mentions lack of steering you think they are being picky............they're not!

That's ok, it can't be any worse than the SL! New steering box imminent :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom