Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick5

Car
W213
Hi Iam about to order Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 205/55 R16 91W from tyreleader. What you think about these tyres for W203 2005?

How about speed rating 91W? i dont drive faster than speed limit but its bit confusion shall i go for 91V or 91W i want to order 4 tyres. 91V bit expensive then 91W.
Thanks

Don't know about on a MB, but I put them (16's, 225/45 from memory) on the rear of my 968 cab in early September then took off for a 2600 mile trip across Northern Spain then back through the Pyrenees and France to home - love them! Excellent grip and very quiet! I also sourced them from Tyreleader.

How about speed rating 91W? i dont drive faster than speed limit but its bit confusion shall i go for 91V or 91W i want to order 4 tyres. 91V bit expensive then 91W.
Thanks

Check what it says in your manual for speed rating, but normally the higher the speed rating the more expensive the tyre, but Tyre Leader often sell really old dated tyres, so I guess that's the reason they might be cheaper there.

Would that be problems with tyres if they are old from tyre leaders?

Would that be problems with tyres if they are old from tyre leaders?

As tyres get older they harden and crack,
so if you are buying an older dated tyre it may have a shorter lifespan,
which is not a problem if you do a lot of miles and change tyres often.

I've had 6 tyres from Tyreleader this year, none of them old - I think they are all 2015 tyres.

I have exactly those tyres, same size, etc on my W204. They're rated to 68dB which is very quiet. I've just had a new set.

They're quiet soft rubber, hence the quietness and excellent wet and dry braking performance, but won't last a huge amount of miles if you're hard on them.

Fitted a set to my Son's 1 Series BMW about two years ago, he does a lot of mileage and just replaced the fronts with the same (the rears are still only half worn) they had done approx 50K, he is a careful driver and it's mostly motorway to and from Med School, he reckoned them highly as being great in the wet and quiet running.

I am astonished at the mileage he got out of them but I can only assume its a combination of excellent geometry and a low powered base model.

I have the 215/55/16 and 225/45/17 in these and they I have no complaints

I have those tyres on my wife's s203. Low noise and a good all rounder.

I had a set of these on my E350CDI and they were much quieter than the Pirelli P7's they replaced. Wet grip and braking was good too.

One thing I noticed was that one of the tyres needed a huge amount of balance weights on it, from memory something like 140g! I'd bought through Blackcircles who contacted Goodyear Technical and then agreed to replace the tyre with another which balanced up fine with the normal 20-30g.

Now, I represent a sample of 1 tyre out of 4 so it's difficult to say that it's representative, but I'd definitely check how much weight each cover requires to bring it in to balance if I fitted them again and reject anything that needs lead stretching half way around the rim.

Thank you so much for your replies really appreciate. i've just ordered 4 tyres w91 will be here next week i drive around 100 miles a week i hope will last me some time.
Many Thnks

Last edited:
Fitted these tyres to replace the Goodyear Eagles 255 55 17 that the Viano had from new and said were no longer available. They were cheaper than the Eagles and even got £10 a tyre cashback. No problems and do seem to be a bit quieter, mpg unchanged.

i have just gone the other way from Nexen and Conti`s to Goodyear F1 assymetric....£407 for four tyres fitted. Really quiet @68db

You have to fit the speed and weight rated for your vehicle to satisfy insurance!

Could be a cop out by insurance company in an accident if not fitted?

Although one may not drive at speed the car has the possibility to do so....

Last edited:
Normally you will have week and year on outside wall I.E. 4414 ( week 44 year 2014 ) manufacture date.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom